• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson and Josh Howard in D-League

jaybone

Reaction score
James Johnson is pretty much killing it in the D-league. He's on an undefeated 9-0 team, starting and playing 30 minutes a game and getting: 18 pts, 9 rebs, 4.5 assists, 2 steals and 3.3 blocks. He's shooting 50% and 33% from 3 (13-39). He's also shooting 79% from the line. I could see him getting a callup pretty soon, maybe with the Bulls?

Josh Howard was doing well, but hasn't played the last few games and I don't know why. He's going for 14/4/5 in 29 minutes. Again, not sure why he's not played for a few games. Sore knee I hope is it.

I've said this before and I really believe it, James future in the league is completely dependent upon him finding a team/coach whose system fits his style of play. He's been on 3 teams now who were either really bad or didn't like him. I think Pop could turn him into a monster

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Every D-league game is available to watch on NBA.com on tape for some reason and I watched 10/15 minutes of the Vipers and they are a gunning team. I love James Johnson but he makes mistakes (e.g., outlet pass turnovers, forced shots, etc...). If you could cut down on his mistakes but still play loose and athletic (he got 6 offensive rebounds in the game I skimmed), then I could see him playing 12 minutes a game somewhere. He could fit well in Golden State or OK City. Utah is playing Richard Jefferson like 35 minutes a game. Miami would have room if they didn't Rashard Lewis and Michael Beasley on top of Battier. He needs to find a team with some established scorers. Portland backing up Batum might not be a bad place for him.

He definitely needs a running team that doesnt need him to shoot

Kevin Pelton ran an ESPN Insider article today about the RGV Vipers as the future of NBA basketball. The Rockets have turned that franchise into the runningest, chuckingest team in basketball. It's working. They take like 50 3's a game, and they're torching people. #assets

I can't possibly imagine Stephen Jackson being a better pickup than James Johnson.

Also JJ may just have a terrible agent as well

If I were a gm I wouldn't be interested in Johnson. He's fool's gold. Lots of ability--no passion. He coasts too much.

I can't possibly imagine Stephen Jackson being a better pickup than James Johnson.

To surround (and coach) their young core, the Clips apparently value intangibles and experience. We'll see how it plays out in April and May.

The Spurs did OK last year after cutting Jackson loose and putting T-Mac on the bench.

Do the Rockets own his rights or can anyone offer him a K?

Pretty embarrassing that both are former high draft picks, NBA starters and even playing in the D league....just sayin'

Hopefully the media stays away from WF references....

Embarrassing compared to retired or playing in Bangladesh?

Pretty embarrassing that both are former high draft picks, NBA starters and even playing in the D league....just sayin'

Just sayin' you are a terrible person that struggles at simple punctuation? Got it. Terrible post. Carry on.

Haha what?

1. Both are former 1st round draft picks, I wouldn't call 16th and 29th high draft picks.

2. You are really worried about the limited amount of media covering the D-League dropping a Wake Forest mention? Because it's going to scare off all the recruits who watch the D-League, or somehow give Wake Forest basketball a worse image than it already has right now?

What's embarrassing is how so many posters on this board (as well as so many people inside the athletic department) go out of their way to denigrate former Wake Forest athletes because it fits whatever agenda they are pushing.

James and Josh work harder at their profession than probably 90% of board posters do.

Haha what?

1. Both are former 1st round draft picks, I wouldn't call 16th and 29th high draft picks.

2. You are really worried about the limited amount of media covering the D-League dropping a Wake Forest mention? Because it's going to scare off all the recruits who watch the D-League, or somehow give Wake Forest basketball a worse image than it already has right now?

What's embarrassing is how so many posters on this board (as well as so many people inside the athletic department) go out of their way to denigrate former Wake Forest athletes because it fits whatever agenda they are pushing.

James and Josh work harder at their profession than probably 90% of board posters do.

Post of the night.

There are 5 players on James' team averaging 17+ points a game. He's also averaging almost 4 TO's and 3.5 fouls a game, which were two of his biggest weaknesses in the NBA.

???

Highest-Average-NBA-Salary-by-College.png

Back