• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson and Josh Howard in D-League

Every D-league game is available to watch on NBA.com on tape for some reason and I watched 10/15 minutes of the Vipers and they are a gunning team. I love James Johnson but he makes mistakes (e.g., outlet pass turnovers, forced shots, etc...). If you could cut down on his mistakes but still play loose and athletic (he got 6 offensive rebounds in the game I skimmed), then I could see him playing 12 minutes a game somewhere. He could fit well in Golden State or OK City. Utah is playing Richard Jefferson like 35 minutes a game. Miami would have room if they didn't Rashard Lewis and Michael Beasley on top of Battier. He needs to find a team with some established scorers. Portland backing up Batum might not be a bad place for him.

Who backs up MKG? Taylor? JJ>Taylor.

There are 5 players on James' team averaging 17+ points a game. He's also averaging almost 4 TO's and 3.5 fouls a game, which were two of his biggest weaknesses in the NBA.

If they are as up tempo as TexasDeac said then 4 turnovers isn't necessarily all that bad. A lot more possessions.

We nearly had Duncan, Paul and JHo on the 2008 Olympic dream team.

Sigh, coach K.

What's the back story there? I thought after the unsuccessful 2004 Olympics that Duncan pretty much swore off international play.

I've said this before and I really believe it, James future in the league is completely dependent upon him finding a team/coach whose system fits his style of play. He's been on 3 teams now who were either really bad or didn't like him. I think Pop could turn him into a monster

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

I think it also depends on his desire to play all the time. At Wake, he would "take time off" now and then. Maybe now he realizes what it takes to make it in the league. I'm afraid Josh is going to have chronic knee issues that will be a problem for him.

The James Johnson taking plays off narrative is so old. He was such a productive player at Wake. Maybe so athletically gifted that he made it look easy, but that comment always irks me.

I miss JJ.

The alleged fifth foul after that oop just made me angry all over again. Such bullshit - guess the ref right next to the play didn't see it.

SUCH BS on that 5th foul - I remember being so livid. He had clearly been in foul trouble the whole game - fouling out at that point. That is probably why he only had 9 points. The ball fake and touch pass by Aminu was awesome as well and made the play possible...

JJ had a solid game last night. 11 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. and only 1 TO and 1 foul.

JJ had a solid game last night. 11 pts, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. and only 1 TO and 1 foul.

In 20 minutes. He got 4 in his first game with the Griz.

I've said this before and I really believe it, James future in the league is completely dependent upon him finding a team/coach whose system fits his style of play. He's been on 3 teams now who were either really bad or didn't like him. I think Pop could turn him into a monster

Not a coincidence because he isn't a team player, imo. Evident during his two years at Wake. The Spurs wouldn't waste their time with a me-first guy like him.

Not a coincidence because he isn't a team player, imo. Evident during his two years at Wake. The Spurs wouldn't waste their time with a me-first guy like him.

Super evident
url]

lol the Spurs have made a living on taking undervalued me first guys and fitting them into their system.

lol the Spurs have made a living on taking undervalued me first guys and fitting them into their system.

Such as? The only guy I can think of is Stephen Jackson and they jettisoned him last year. The undervalued part is accurate, but the me first is not.

Back