• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson

tbpnwe

Reaction score
Pretty sad he is no longer in the NBA--a lot of wasted talent. Anyone know what he is doing now?

He was cut from the Hawks within the last couple of weeks. I'm sure he is staying in shape and looking for another NBA opportunity to pop up during the season.

Did he stay in shape when was still playing? Didn't look like it to me in the few games I saw him in.

Would think that he has the option to make plenty of money overseas if he wants to go that route. Also, he is probably a few injuries away from getting another NBA look. If that does not pan out, he could always turn to MMA.

He has a very good shot of having some team sign him when a SF/PF gets injured and they need someone to fill his rotation. He can still ball. I remember he had a very solid year and a half in Toronto. If he lands with the right team, I could see him being like a Borris Diaw type player for them. Probably needs to be a contender though where his flaws won't be as obvious and he will just be able to contribute with solid effort and excellent energy. Knicks, Heat, Clippers, Nets maybe even Golden State would be good fits for him.

I saw a tweet today that he's expected to be a top ten pick in the upcoming D League draft.

That reads like a mean joke, but it was serious.

Since he majored in "pre-NBA," perhaps he can go to grad school now and get a masters in "post-NBA," with a focus on unrealized potential.

That's good.

Over his 4 years in the NBA, NBA teams paid Johnson $7,952,806. Hope that he did not spend it in one place.

Learn how to shoot in grade school.

Udonis Haslem knocks down open shots, which is the main reason he is still in the league, along with his D.

Lots of other clowns just throw it up and go get it...until the NBA.

gotta love the folks eating their own here. oh to have knuckleheads like JJ and their unrealized potential in the program again.

Would think that he has the option to make plenty of money overseas if he wants to go that route. Also, he is probably a few injuries away from getting another NBA look. If that does not pan out, he could always turn to MMA.

His biggest issue has always been his attitude and work ethic (or lack thereof). What makes you think he'll find the motivation to work out and prepare to get punched in the face when he couldn't even get himself into shape for camp?

His biggest issue has always been his attitude and work ethic (or lack thereof). What makes you think he'll find the motivation to work out and prepare to get punched in the face when he couldn't even get himself into shape for camp?

dude was 62nd rated player coming out of HS and ended up a lottery pick. spare me the doesnt work hard BS.

That's a bit deceiving considering that he was a late bloomer from Wyoming, but good point. That said, dude wad in horrible shape throughout his NBA career and never found a way to earn minutes short of his team needing bodies. So I'm not sure how you reconcile that with the fact that he was really great in college and dominated dudes in pre draft settings.

He got paid. It happens.

But we should be spared the he doesn't work hard BS? JJ is the best, but his NBA career had sucked so far. Hope it's not over...

the irony from a poster named strickland is strong.

i don't get the "bad shape" critique. he was never a physical specimen. i think his lack of success in the nba had more to do with doing everything ok but nothing great. it's just pretty awful that when any of those 3 come up we get "jj's lazy," "teague's a pouter and unclutch," and "afa shouldve stayed longer." give me a fucking break.

Back