• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson

I'm sure this view won't be popular, but JJ is a lesser version of RR. Right or wrong the general opinion seemed to be RR's goal was to get to the NBA, make the money to take care of his family so once he got there he had accomplished what he wanted to do. His great talent allowed him a good NBA career but no where near what I think many thought he could accomplish.

Sure no one knows what's in a players head, but IMO it seems that players that work their tails off, tend to stick around much longer than they should have.

If you want the counter argument to JJ, it's Rusty LaRue. The guy earned an NBA pension. I don't think many expected him to even get a cup of coffee in the NBA.

Another player to consider, Ish Smith, entering his 4th year in the League.

I think it comes down to the fact that some players see it as a career and others see it as a game. Those that see it as a career work to stay in the league or maximize their earnings those that see it as a game rest on their talent which can keep them in the league but seem to not reach their 'potential'.

James Johnson was just selected with the #2 pick in the NBA D-League draft by MY ROCKETS' affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

My brother lived outside McAllen for a number of years. He said those Vipers games were hella fun.

Trent had a good run down there. Dominated the Showcase for RGV a few years back, too.

dude was 62nd rated player coming out of HS and ended up a lottery pick. spare me the doesnt work hard BS.

And that sums up what is wrong with the NBA, among other things, and how scouts rate players on so-called "potential". Had he worked at his game he would still be in the league.....

And that sums up what is wrong with the NBA, among other things, and how scouts rate players on so-called "potential". Had he worked at his game he would still be in the league.....

And that sums up what is wrong with baby boomers.

The NBA, the D-League, Europe, etc are full of players who work at their game.

Teague is better than Rondo? What is wrong with some of you people? Kid is maybe a top 20 PG.

Teague is better than Rondo? What is wrong with some of you people? Kid is maybe a top 20 PG.

Nothing, just about everyone agrees with you.... there are maybe 2 people who have WAAAAAY overrated him.... Right now, I think we landed at putting Teague somewhere around 17-20...which is where he should be.

Back