• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

James Johnson

George Hill is not that good. Steve Nash is too old. Jrue Holiday is clearly better as he was just traded for Nerlens Noel and another pick.

Steve Nash is done.

I think Teague is in that Calderon-Hill-Dragic-Lowry zone.

We hashed out the "where does Teague rank" discussion in the offseason thread, IIRC. I'm not a huge fan of his game, but I think he'll have a good year.

I think he ended up top 15 or top 20 despite strong numbers. Teague will have a long career. I think that's the point.

George Hill is not that good. Steve Nash is too old. Jrue Holiday is clearly better as he was just traded for Nerlens Noel and another pick.

Completly disagree about George Hill...he can play, is a much better defender and offensive game vastly improved over the last season....but I'm willing to call it a wash. I would put Teague in the 17-20 range.

George Hill is a better shooter and has a way better AST:TO than Teague, too. If your PG is not a serious impact player, which neither of them is, I'd rather have a steady hand like Hill's leading the team. :noidea:

Jeff Teague is pretty clearly better than George Hill IMO. Hill was particularly bad in the playoffs last year and Teague had his best year last year. Defensively, Teague is more of a ball hawk, gets more steals, much better assist man and playmaker.

Not that it's worth anything, but Teague does much better on the eye test than Hill. The Pacer's were just painful to watch on offense. Hill's D is great though. And really like his story as well.

Hill and Teague have the exact same number of years and salary left on their contract (4 years at 8 mill per). Teague is two years younger... I think by the end of this year it will be more clear as Teague has gotten better at almost every aspect of his game every year.

Well, he'll get a lot of run, which can only help him. They won't be able to bench him in the fourth quarter like usual in favor of Sweet Lou this season until at least February.

Also, that 2nd NBA contract is where you really hit paydirt. As a middle of the pack PG, Jeff will make more this year than he or James made in their first 4 years combined.

Whoa. Let's slow down on the hyperbole. ...let's not start acting like he's some phenom who didn't make it all because of some vague notion that's he's lazy.
I find those statements almost as ironic as the thread. No one said he was a bball phenom. No one said he didn't make it......because he did for a while. No one said he was lazy and ruined an almost surefire NBA Allstar career. All hyperbole. The dude is a very gifted martial arts talent who is so athletically gifted he can do standing backflips at 6'8". That is certainly pretty unique and one-of-a-kind. Are you saying most NBA players can do that? I've never heard of it before. It's just an example of his unique athletic talents. One would think that would translate to the NBA. Maybe it doesn't....or maybe he just didn't take it seriously enough. He always seemed so laid back and content with things....more so than most in the biz.

I find those statements almost as ironic as the thread. No one said he was a bball phenom. No one said he didn't make it......because he did for a while. No one said he was lazy and ruined an almost surefire NBA Allstar career. All hyperbole. The dude is a very gifted martial arts talent who is so athletically gifted he can do standing backflips at 6'8". That is certainly pretty unique and one-of-a-kind. Are you saying most NBA players can do that? I've never heard of it before. It's just an example of his unique athletic talents. One would think that would translate to the NBA. Maybe it doesn't....or maybe he just didn't take it seriously enough. He always seemed so laid back and content with things....more so than most in the biz.

why would the ability to do a standing backflip translate to the nba? is being a good dancer a good indication of nba skills? this is such a weird thread.

Which of these would you put him over?

CP3
Rose
Parker
Westbrook
Rondo
Curry
Irving
D. Williams

DWill, Rondo easily

That would put him as 7, like I previously said

Not a big fan of those two players. Especially not rondo

tO$U recruiting hate grudge aside, Conley is also easily better than Teague now.

James Johnson was just selected with the #2 pick in the NBA D-League draft by MY ROCKETS' affiliate Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Back