• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jason Whitlock apologizes

...on an even playing field he gets fired.

It's a good try to play the "po whitey" card, but the dude on the Golf channel who said other golfers should lynch Tiger wasn't fired (he was suspended for two weeks), and Juan Williams was fired from NPR over stereotypical comments regarding Muslims.

I typically like Whitlock but he always gets on his high horse when it comes to racial issues so I think he should get punished for this. If someone had made a comment that racist/stereotypical towards a black athlete he would be furious. It's frustrating to me that he tried to play it off as a joke, and couldnt admit his own hypocrisy.

What a fucking dumbass.

Mayweather, however, responded to the story later Monday via a series of tweets.

"Its OK for ESPN to give their opinion but I say something and everyone questions Floyd Mayweather," the boxer tweeted. "I'm speaking my mind on behalf of other NBA players. They are programmed to be politically correct and will be penalized if they speak up.

"Other countries get to support/cheer their athletes and everything is fine. As soon as I support Black American athletes, I get criticized."

Lin has become the talk of the NBA -- and the sports world at large -- for his unprecedented play over the last five games.

Link

What a fucking dumbass.

Link

I'm not surprised with Mayweather since he's made homophobic and racial tweets before but I am really surprised with Whitlock who wrote a book on shit like this. He has a whole chapter devoted to why Fuzzy should have lost his sponsor to KMART.

I typically like Whitlock but he always gets on his high horse when it comes to racial issues so I think he should get punished for this. If someone had made a comment that racist/stereotypical towards a black athlete he would be furious. It's frustrating to me that he tried to play it off as a joke, and couldnt admit his own hypocrisy.

he's been ripping "nba culture" for years.

Do you think Asian-Americans get tired of being lumped in together? Aren't there still a lot of hurt feelings between China and Japan, China and Taiwan, etc?

I don't think a South Korean automatically cares about Linsanity, just because they are vaguely from the same portion of the world.

It's a good try to play the "po whitey" card, but the dude on the Golf channel who said other golfers should lynch Tiger wasn't fired (he was suspended for two weeks), and Juan Williams was fired from NPR over stereotypical comments regarding Muslims.

Wasn't Kelly Tilghman the one who made the lynching comments about Tiger? Her punishment probably would have been more severe if she didn't have a good relationship with Tiger and his camp.

But your point still stands.

Yeah, you're paying way too much attention to celebrity and teeny bopper twitter postings. Twitter is an excellent source of information and means to stay in touch. It's also a great marketing tool for a small business.

That is def. not true. the only twitter account I've read is a rotoevil and he posts fantasy basketball shit.

That is def. not true. the only twitter account I've read is a rotoevil and he posts fantasy basketball shit.

Ok, so it's even worse...you're forming an opinion without paying attention at all.

Just because Kelly Tilghman likes snatch doesn't make her a dude...

Ok, so it's even worse...you're forming an opinion without paying attention at all.

No, but the only twitters I've read are because they then become news because someone said something stupid. My favorite twat is Gilbert Godfried who only needed to keep his fucking mouth shut and do duck noises to earn like $1 mil a year, but couldn't and is now earning no money.

But I have following opinion on adulthood:

* women who can fit a quarter in their navel should never ever wear midriff revealing clothes unless the beach is 20 yards or closer from that navel

* Men over 30, no matter how fit, should never ever wear tank tops unless they are in a rec league that requires them.

* Adults should not be on twitter except to make sure their children aren't twatting with a molester type. A 10 minute day exemption if you follow some dietary twitter or exercise twitter or whatever.

* Adults should never ever use facebook to share what they ate, watched, read, or listened to. Ever. Under no circumstance other than children

* You are allowed to put on 15 pounds every 25 years.

These are my rules of adulthood.

no. it almost never works for adult men. To carry forward my quarter in the navel. If you can do 25 slow pullups with legs hanging straight down, no pansy ass swinging or knees to the chest -- hands out now, not hands facing in - you can probably pull of a tank top. If you can't do that, you look like a fool in your tank top. No matter what you think.

Unless you are going for a trailer park or Elmor Leonard character look

Listen...it was a woman who made the comment about Tiger and had interviewed woods many times on air. They were friends.

Juan Williams is considered an "erstwhile liberal" since he abandoned the arch left's suite of champagne liberals by appearing on Fox. His removal had strong political undercurrent.

Entirely different contexts...

Wasn't Kelly Tilghman the one who made the lynching comments about Tiger? Her punishment probably would have been more severe if she didn't have a good relationship with Tiger and his camp.

But your point still stands on your fuckin head.

Bushwood's own knows it when he sees it...

Back