• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jawja Specials

yeah, the extent to which conservatives are overrepresented in the federal government is just criminal: presidents who lose the popular vote, massively imbalanced Senate and Supreme Court, and gerrymandered House

To be fair, the senate is designed to be this way. To over represent low population density areas (slave states) so that the countryside is not ruled by the urbanside. It's the gerrymandering, the Scotus packing, that are out of whack....and the Electoral college was added later to further protect slave states from an urban, oppressive executive.

yuy1AqY.png

For no one in particular:

I'm going to pull out the Georgia Peach Coca-Cola I was saving for this moment.

To be fair, the senate is designed to be this way. To over represent low population density areas (slave states) so that the countryside is not ruled by the urbanside.

It is absolutely designed to be that way, and it is absolutely asinine and non-sensical.

We should limit the Senate to the hereditary peerage and nobility!

Have not had much time to read or comment on the Tunnels lately. Chiming in to say, way to go Jawja. Also, to register my disgust at a megamillionaire CEO married to another megamillionaire CEO campaigning around Jawja dressed up in faux-redneck attire pretending to be a woman of the common Jawjan. It is amazing that people can't see through that shit. Maybe enough of them did that they declined to come out and vote for her.
Kelly-Loeffler-getty-img.jpeg

To be fair she is only a mega millionaire because she married her significantly older boss that was a mega millionaire.

To be fair she is only a mega millionaire because she married her significantly older boss that was a mega millionaire.

Every time I see Loeffler now I immediately think of the hilarious Blaire Erskine impersonation of her doing a campaign commercial. A lot of her videos were comedy gold during the campaign.

It's interesting that the republican Public Service Commissioner easily won (52.5 - 47.5). The race was on the same ballot. I guess everyone just really hated Loeffler and Perdue.

image__5_.png

Turns out this was correct, roughly half of GOP counties from November had around 12.5% or lower turnout compared to November where all Democratic counties had surprisingly high turnout compared to November. I wish that 538 also had a similar chart that was related to raw totals of turnout for those counties but I imagine we won't get definitive numbers on that for a few days.

That’s excellent for Georgia but I’m curious if Democrats in Republican leaning counties are turning out.

Last edited:
It's interesting that the republican Public Service Commissioner easily won (52.5 - 47.5). The race was on the same ballot. I guess everyone just really hated Loeffler and Perdue.

We voted for Bubba for PSC. To be fair, we did not know he was 82 but we compared the resumes and he had a ton of experience (probably because he is 82).

Lol yeah I voted against them because they were 82 and only learned that yesterday.

Or 3% of people will vote for a $2,000 check.

If you lean right, you could vote for Bubba and absolve any guilt about voting for Warnock and Ossoff.

Loeffler gives a fairly gracious concession today as well as changing her vote on objection last night...amazing that when you don't have to suck up to Trump anymore, you can actually act like a human being.

Back