• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jay Wright

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
This guy definitely deserves his own thread. I'd take him right behind Shaka. Ron may be able to talk to him in about seven minutes. The man has a Dove commercial and looks a lot like George Clooney. I have a pretty good idea he can win the press conference for those who give a damn. And the Big East is a dumpster fire. If Shaka doesn't fall for the siren song of Ron Wellman maybe Jay will see the light.

And the Big East is a dumpster fire. If Shaka doesn't fall for the siren song of Ron Wellman maybe Jay will see the light.

This. Buzz Williams saw the writing on the wall. The big east meltdown I think puts wright in play much more than 4 years ago.

Does anyone know how the old Big East TV money was divvied up between FBS and non FBS schools?

Wright is currently making $2.29M per season. They re-upped his contract after Villanova's 2009 Final Four run, but the length was not disclosed. Wright's comment was, "I'm locked in for a long, long time. Let's leave it at long term."

I have no idea what that means, but there you go.

I have no idea of how realistic this is, but he would be a close 2nd behind Shaka of the names we've mentioned so far (which is a lot of them).

Under the old deal non football schools got $2-3m per year. New fox deal is around $5m per year.

Jay Wright would be a huge coup for us. Shaka may be #1, but Jay would be nipping at his heels.

Get that rolodex spinning Ron... the man is available in thirty seconds.

I don't think this realistic at all. Although Wright was allegedly contacted when the job was open before we hired he who shall not be named.

I don't think this realistic at all. Although Wright was allegedly contacted when the job was open before we hired he who shall not be named.

The ACC is a different animal now. So is the Big East. Forget about four years ago. It's not relevant. Buzz Miller went to VT. Did BSD see that one coming? I sure as hell didn't.

This. Buzz Williams saw the writing on the wall. The big east meltdown I think puts wright in play much more than 4 years ago.

Yep. Buzz said on CBS today the reason he left was because he wanted to coach in the elite basketball conference, which is the ACC.

Back