• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

jaybone, "next year you can pencil in 20 wins"

buckets, with a small talent infusion we could have easily won 18 games this year. also with more depth it's likely we won't have those late in the half and late in the game 0fers.

The personal attacks on RJ are pretty fucking low...but I wouldn't expect any less from this board.

The fact that GB can;'t understand that we will have much more talent next year than we had this year shows he is an idiot (I didn't name call with either Chris or #s-if OGB wants to call me a tool-I have the right to treat him in the same manner).

The fact that OGB doesn't understand that adding competent bodies will lessen the burden on CJ and TRavis hows what an idiot he is.

The fact the OGB doesn't understand the difference between Tony as a starter and Tony as a backup shows he doesn't have a fucking clue.

The fact that OGB doesn't understand that we will be much talented and deep next year that we are this year also shows what an idiot he is.

What you aren't accounting for is that most of the conference will be better next year, and will get better by even more than we are. Oh yeah, and that pretty much every team in the conference has better coaching than we do.

Fitrst of all I realize that it's impossible for the irrational buzhaters to understand that saying [Redacted] has to win 18/19 games next year or be fired isn't Buzzin.

The players understand they aren't currently on the level of many of the teams in the ACC. They understand we don't have any rebounding.

That's not throwing them under the bus.

This is absurd, there's no way to deal with your irrationality.

He better have to win 18-19 games next year to keep his job. Sadly, I don't give Wellman that much credit.

First of all Codi is NOT a non-Top 100 player. most ratings have him among the Top 10-15 PGs in the country. He won't have to outperform his ratings to be a "serious rotation player".

Next Devin's ratings were based on being 6'7, 215 (225). He is currently 6'9.5 and at least 235. That means he ent from being grossly undersized at his position to being the right size.

What if Bob Gibbons is right? He has Codi Top 20 and Devni #50 and rising.

Remind again how many players on this team are rebounders first and how many have Devin's size? Woods, Tabb, Walker.

Except neither Woods nor Tabb were here this were and Ty was suspended for te first nine and the last two games and NO ONE said Ty is rebounder not does he have any bulk- Other that the fact that EVERYTHING you said here weas wrong, what's your point?

Remind me again how many players we have who are as good as either Moto or Tree or Cav? JTT, Ari, Chennault.

AGAIN JTT and Ari are GONE. WTF do they have to do with this year's team? Tony was not as highly ranked as moto or Tree..

My bad they all must suck if they are coming to Wake or they will suck once they get here.

The reality is our Top 5 frosh this year are all ranked higher than any of our three frosh from last year. This isn't "throwing them under the bus", it's saying that the new guys are good. I thought the guys we already had were supposed to be good, or at least here.

Again they weren't as highly rated, but again you don't understand.

The point is that those guys were all supposed to be studs here for 3-4 years. For one reason or another, they each left or stunk. Haven't you been watching college ball for like 50 years? The one thing you should know by now is that setting any expectations at all for Wake kids before they ever set foot on campus and start competing is just setting yourself up for failure.

buckets, with a small talent infusion we could have easily won 18 games this year. also with more depth it's likely we won't have those late in the half and late in the game 0fers.

This is obviously false.

You think Maryland, Duke, and Richmond still let up if they weren't already up by 15 points?

By the way, since these boards began in the mid-90s, have we ever had a player who exceeded the boards' expectations for them? Mike Drum maybe? Or Visser? Every player we get is vastly "underrated" by absolutely everyone else and supposed to lead us to the promised land to prove those damn fools wrong. Even with CP3 there was talk about him being better than any PG already in college and having a chance to lure LeBron to Wake if he had to go to college. Just understand now - half of these guys are going to suck, and hopefully the other half are serviceable.

I don't know if "easily" is accurate. Six of our losses were within 10 points, do you really think we would have won 5/6 of those games with a small talent infusion? That includes our 8 point home loss to Duke.

I'm just confused as to how we can have such a lack of talent, yet we are a small infusion from being competitive.

I don't know if "easily" is accurate. Six of our losses were within 10 points, do you really think we would have won 5/6 of those games with a small talent infusion? That includes our 8 point home loss to Duke.

I'm just confused as to how we can have such a lack of talent, yet we are a small infusion from being competitive.

And, if all we needed was a "small talent infusion", why did [Redacted] fail at getting more talent?

By the way, since these boards began in the mid-90s, have we ever had a player who exceeded the boards' expectations for them? Mike Drum maybe? Or Visser? Every player we get is vastly "underrated" by absolutely everyone else and supposed to lead us to the promised land to prove those damn fools wrong. Even with CP3 there was talk about him being better than any PG already in college and having a chance to lure LeBron to Wake if he had to go to college. Just understand now - half of these guys are going to suck, and hopefully the other half are serviceable.

Maybe McFarland.

Mike actually, Clemson will be worse.

BC won't be appreciably better.

UVA has no one coming in to take Scott's place or even Sammy's. Remember they were 15-2 when Sene went down.

Miami is up in the air as we don't know if Scott is coming back and Reggie is possibly leaving.

If Snaer goes pro pro, it means F$U loses their entire starting five and Kreft. They would drop like rock.

GT will be better but still not that good.

State gets better.

Maryland gets better.

Duel and Carowhina won't be as good, but they are still much better than us.

It's a mixed bag. The league will be better but so will we.

BC should be significantly better. Still not good, but significantly better than they are this year.

The personal attacks on RJ are pretty fucking low...but I wouldn't expect any less from this board.

No we aren't doing that. We are expecting him to get some rebounds and play some interior D. If we are expecting to be a star, we would say, he's going to lift to us 22 wins.

Having a solid inside player would have helped us win 3-5 games this year. He doesn't have to be a star just a presence.

Plus we'ere adding at least one more scoring threat in Codi who will allow CJ and Travis not to have to carry everything.

I realize you and your brethern want to put down our players to achieve your goals.

The reality is with only modest additions to this year's returnees, we should be able to flip our record from 13-18 to 18-13 without much problem. We don't need expect more than the players' ratings to do this.

To get to twenty or more, we need one or two of the incoming frosh to be pretty good. If Devin or Codi is a star and the other is just solid, we could legitimately to twenty wins.

No you aren't. with a decent rebounder and some more bodies would could have been 18-13 this year. to not see this is being willfully blind.

Mike actually, Clemson will be worse.

BC won't be appreciably better.

UVA has no one coming in to take Scott's place or even Sammy's. Remember they were 15-2 when Sene went down.

Miami is up in the air as we don't know if Scott is coming back and Reggie is possibly leaving.

If Snaer goes pro pro, it means F$U loses their entire starting five and Kreft. They would drop like rock.

GT will be better but still not that good.

State gets better.

Maryland gets better.

Duel and Carowhina won't be as good, but they are still much better than us.

It's a mixed bag. The league will be better but so will we.

Assuming all of these team's recruiting classes are underrated and our is overrated.

I wasn't thinking about Duke. first of all had CJ played we would have beaten Wofford. with any rebounding help we would have beaten Dayton. Had we even held MD to 12 offensive rebounds we would have had a good chance to win.

A shade more talent and we would have excellent chances to beat Richmond and GT.

I'm not trying to be a miracle worker, but those games were there to be taken.

It's an exercise in futility to play the "what-if" game. I am sure there are VT guys saying, well, if we only had Harrell, we would have beaten Wake. Same for Yale, Texas Tech, etc.

I sure fucking hope this recruiting class is some sort of panacea... but hard to judge until you see the product in an actual D-1 setting.

Sure. CJ, Taron, Chas

And yes, wfumike02, you are so frequently wrong. OldGoldBeard put together a great assessment on the ACC next year and just like every year in the history of college conferences, some teams will get better and some will get worse. Teams that lose quality and experience will get worse (FSU, UVa, Clemson)

But that's a lot to go right and in our favor to get to 18 wins. I see that as about the best case for next year. I just hope that 18 wins is not enough for Bz to keep his job.

Rj hijacked my thread man.

As an aside, I am going to win another $50 bet today. I bet dub on the old board $50 that UNC would get at least a 1-year bowl ban and 2-year scholly losses.

God I hope you win that bet, but don't expect that clown to show up and pay up.

OGB has absolutely crushed RJ on this thread.

God I hope you win that bet, but don't expect that clown to show up and pay up.

He said he would in october 2011. I wanted to make the expiration date of the original bet Jan 2012 and I pushed him back to July 2012. Glad I did.

Back