• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jaylen Hoard Commits!!!

Guys. Crazy thought. What if Ayo has been Ayo this whole time?

Hear me out. We know he's a young poster. We know he keeps a very short list of real contenders. Now the real Ayo is from Chicago and our Ayo is a Pats fan but who isn't a Pats fan nowadays?

VIBES!!!!

Guys. Crazy thought. What if Ayo has been Ayo this whole time?

Hear me out. We know he's a young poster. We know he keeps a very short list of real contenders. Now the real Ayo is from Chicago and our Ayo is a Pats fan but who isn't a Pats fan nowadays?
Been dropping hints for years, silly.

I'm impressed with the manner of Jaylen's commitment. He made a decision. Asked his parents for consultation. Met with his family and the Wake coaching staff at the university. Received the confirmation of his parents. Announced his commitment. No fuss, no muss, no Hollywood. Then asks how he can help in recruiting. Strong, positive, mature first impression.

Welcome Jaylen!

I'm impressed with the manner of Jaylen's commitment. He made a decision. Asked his parents for consultation. Met with his family and the Wake coaching staff at the university. Received the confirmation of his parents. Announced his commitment. No fuss, no muss, no Hollywood. Then asks how he can help in recruiting. Strong, positive, mature first impression.

Welcome Jaylen!

Maybe he can teach Cam Newton how to properly address the media after a loss in the Super Bowl.

Welcome Jaylen!

I agree. I love having a very talented player just go about his business. He wants to be here and will be a credit to WFU. No theatrics just announce and get on with his life

Welcome Jaylen!

Stay away NBA...to bad Collins didn't stay-what a team that would have been.

I agree. I love having a very talented player just go about his business. He wants to be here and will be a credit to WFU. No theatrics just announce and get on with his life

The Tim Duncan model of success

I remember the good ole days when racer neg repped me every time I said something positive about Danny Manning and the direction of our basketball program lol

[Redacted] broke Racer. It's a shame, because he used to be a good poster. Hopefully the good news will continue, with results behind it, and he can rehab some of his optimism.

-It's important for the class to seal the deal with some recruits next month and do what we were unable to do last year in putting some top-100 recruits around our star. While you can't fault the staff for losing a recruit to Arizona, adding Randolph last year would have made a statement and made it a class rather than looking like a one-off. Sarr helped with that, but we need bodies.

-To that end, I hope we'll find a way to squeeze in both forwards and one of the guards if they want to come. By my count, we have one scholarship available, which means we would need two of Crawford going pro (I think he'll stay, but seem to be in the minority there), Childress machinations, and transfers, which should be doable. On the other thread, Ranger said we were looking for one forward and one guard, but I think it's odd that we would have Laszewski and Mucius in the same weekend if we didn't have room for both. Those were obviously set before this weekend, but the staff had to know which way Hoard was leaning.

-Thank God we didn't pull the trigger on Johnny Newman a few months ago. Kudos to the staff for trusting themselves and the relationships they had built enough to believe that we could land bigger fish. (This, of course, assumes that we do in fact end up landing some.)

-Words cannot express how happy I am that we went out and conducted a full search to get the best possible assistant rather than just promoting the DBO. I'm sure the DBO is a great guy and good at his job, and I don't have any reason to believe Jones had anything to do with landing Hoard, but he's shown up in a couple of other interviews, and it's good to get the broader connections and different approaches of a guy from another staff rather than keeping everything internal.

-It's starting to get fun again to follow Wake basketball. Let's get a few of those recruits next month, pick up Harris for '19, and get this thing rolling. Go Deacs

[Redacted] broke Racer. It's a shame, because he used to be a good poster. Hopefully the good news will continue, with results behind it, and he can rehab some of his optimism.

-It's important for the class to seal the deal with some recruits next month and do what we were unable to do last year in putting some top-100 recruits around our star. While you can't fault the staff for losing a recruit to Arizona, adding Randolph last year would have made a statement and made it a class rather than looking like a one-off. Sarr helped with that, but we need bodies.

-To that end, I hope we'll find a way to squeeze in both forwards and one of the guards if they want to come. By my count, we have one scholarship available, which means we would need two of Crawford going pro (I think he'll stay, but seem to be in the minority there), Childress machinations, and transfers, which should be doable. On the other thread, Ranger said we were looking for one forward and one guard, but I think it's odd that we would have Laszewski and Mucius in the same weekend if we didn't have room for both. Those were obviously set before this weekend, but the staff had to know which way Hoard was leaning.

-Thank God we didn't pull the trigger on Johnny Newman a few months ago. Kudos to the staff for trusting themselves and the relationships they had built enough to believe that we could land bigger fish. (This, of course, assumes that we do in fact end up landing some.)

-Words cannot express how happy I am that we went out and conducted a full search to get the best possible assistant rather than just promoting the DBO. I'm sure the DBO is a great guy and good at his job, and I don't have any reason to believe Jones had anything to do with landing Hoard, but he's shown up in a couple of other interviews, and it's good to get the broader connections and different approaches of a guy from another staff rather than keeping everything internal.

-It's starting to get fun again to follow Wake basketball. Let's get a few of those recruits next month, pick up Harris for '19, and get this thing rolling. Go Deacs

Good post.

If Bryant Crawford ends up staying his senior year, could we take both forwards and go all-in on harris to back up Chill his junior year?

One forward will likely transfer after this year whether we land another (or two) or not. There will probably be a sophomore who doesn't see a lot of playing time this year for the second year in a row.

I suspect the coaching staff has discussed the scenarios arising from an excess of top recruits wishing to commit. As all of us are aware, there are worse situations to consider than problems of abundance.

I suspect the coaching staff has discussed the scenarios arising from an excess of top recruits wishing to commit. As all of us are aware, there are worse situations to consider than problems of abundance.

Seriously. lol

Well yeah, of course. That doesn't mean you can't discuss possibilities on a message board though. It's a problem of "figure it out if it happens" but still, people are excited so it'll be talked about. (At least there is excitement for the first time in a long time. Thank God for Danny Manning)

Let's get the one taken care of and then we can worry about the done part.

Yup. When you start landing 5 star recruits, you have to know that's certainly a possibility. I'm just damn excited that Danny is gaining momentum on the recruiting trail. Excited for the future.

Back