• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted], Please resign.

Spoken like a true Buzz Inner.. I would have patience if his resume wasn't garbage.

Deacfan, I can't access your petition from work (blocked). Does it include name, address, deacon club #?

I will edit the first post/thread title to include the petition.

ETA: Mods, how do you edit the thread title?

Last edited:
I have been an avid Deacon fan since 1989. I have worn the tie dye. I have done more black-outs than I ever would have dreamed. I have traveled to bowl games. I have traveled to basketball tournaments. I have traveled to soccer tournaments. I have bled old gold and black. As of 4:53 left in the first half of the other day's game against UNC, I will no longer witness any of the results of Jeff [Redacted]'s failings as a coach. I love our team. I just can't stand seeing what Coach [Redacted] is doing to them and our program.

Team members, please know that I wish you the very best and that I want you to succeed. I think you will have more success in the long run with a different coach.

I started a petition yesterday, and hope many, many, many of you will join me. Go to http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/[Redacted]-resign/ to sign it.

I signed your awesome petition. I'm the 2nd signature out of 2. Way to go!

Sitting in your own gym and watching your team outplayed (while only shooting 30%), outcoached, and outcheered by one of your biggest rivals certainly seems like it could be a turning point for someone. :noidea:

I mean, that's fine. But why at 4:53 in the first half when we're down 7 to the #6 team in the country? It's just a really weird, arbitrary thing to choose.

After the NC State game? Sure. If we lose out and our last home game features a crowd of 247 people all wearing paper bags? Absolutely.

I mean, that's fine. But why at 4:53 in the first half when we're down 7 to the #6 team in the country? It's just a really weird, arbitrary thing to choose.

After the NC State game? Sure. If we lose out and our last home game features a crowd of 247 people all wearing paper bags? Absolutely.

He was there for 15:07 longer than my pops, who had not skipped a UNC @ Wake game since 1969.

I'm not sure what people want or expect from him with the pitiful talent that is currently on our team.

Connecting with the students, energizing the fan base and telling us times are bad right now but he's here to compete for championships.

That would be a start

Resign? We're not even the Worst College Basketball Team in America...

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7523693/visit-worst-team-men-college-basketball

Are they in what is oftentimes considered one of the hardest conferences to compete in? Wake used to make Wake vs. UNC games interesting. That wasn't a fluke. Bzzz has completely torn down our basketball program piece by piece and has neglected to build it back up. He simply does not have the tools necessary to do so.

Connecting with the students, energizing the fan base and telling us times are bad right now but he's here to compete for championships.

That would be a start

"We're going to be good again."

I have zero clue what happens on campus now, but in my time at Wake Forest the head coaches were Skip (sadly, for only one season), Dino, and then [Redacted] as I was leaving.

[Redacted] was the only one I remember "connecting" with me as a student. I don't even really know what that means, but [Redacted] would bring donuts to the students in the library during finals time. All I ever got from Dino or Skip was an e-mail asking me to show up at games.

I have zero clue what happens on campus now, but in my time at Wake Forest the head coaches were Skip (sadly, for only one season), Dino, and then [Redacted] as I was leaving.

[Redacted] was the only one I remember "connecting" with me as a student. I don't even really know what that means, but [Redacted] would bring donuts to the students in the library during finals time. All I ever got from Dino or Skip was an e-mail asking me to show up at games.

I'd rather win games than have doughnuts brought to me during exams

"Man, this milk is not cold."

"Actually, the milk is 34 degrees, which is colder than the milk we had before."

"Hah! Yea, right! But I'd rather we have beer instead!"

I think that's basically what just happened. Of course I want to win games (I'd like beer too), but homeboy said he wants [Redacted] to connect more with students.

Skip connected with the students. He brought pizza and/or doughnuts to students. I have no clue how Dino was as a coach/ambassador but I loved him as an assistant. I have no first hand experience with Buzz.

However, I met Skip on a very limited number of occasions, but he was a great man and I legitimately mourned his passing. You could tell that he loved his job and loved being part of WFU. He truly connected to the students. I was there when it was rumored he was going to Pitt and even as a freshman we freaked out that he would leave.

"Man, this milk is not cold."

"Actually, the milk is 34 degrees, which is colder than the milk we had before."

"Hah! Yea, right! But I'd rather we have beer instead!"

I think that's basically what just happened. Of course I want to win games (I'd like beer too), but homeboy said he wants [Redacted] to connect more with students.

I would as well, but you can do so without getting free food from them. Plus, you're limiting your conception of the current and past coaches by using only your perspective. The other coaches connected MUCH better than [Redacted] did, which clearly showed due to the fan base being so much more active at that point. [Redacted] has absolutely no support inside or outside the university (other than his little Boyfriend, wellman), and he has yet to produce any reason to go to the basketball games at all.

The only reason I go to the games now is because this will be the only 4 years I get to get in for free.

To emphasize how terribly [Redacted] is doing with connecting with students: 1.) I didn't know his name until basketball season started, 2.) I didn't know how to spell it in this post until I re-read the thread title, and 3.) I have not seen or heard a word about him outside of ESPN3, the OGBoards, and people complaining about him.

I would as well, but you can do so without getting free food from them. Plus, you're limiting your conception of the current and past coaches by using only your perspective. The other coaches connected MUCH better than [Redacted] did, which clearly showed due to the fan base being so much more active at that point. [Redacted] has absolutely no support inside or outside the university (other than his little Boyfriend, wellman), and he has yet to produce any reason to go to the basketball games at all.

The only reason I go to the games now is because this will be the only 4 years I get to get in for free.

Of course I limit my perspective to what I've personally experienced. I'll readily admit that, and I mentioned it up above. What's wrong with that? You are speaking about some nameless "other coaches," but I was around for at least two of them. So what's wrong with me comparing [Redacted]'s student outreach to that of Dino and Prosser? I'm not about to set out on some comparative analysis of internal WFU relations using Greason, McKinney, Tacy, Staak, and Odom.

As for the attendance at games, I don't know what to tell you. People care almost exclusively, as you've hinted already, about the win-loss record. Trying to peg low attendance numbers on anything but our win-loss record seems spectacularly misguided, so forgive me for perking my skeptical ears at your thought that our attendance has shifted because of Dino's better connection with the fan base.

Also, nice use of gay rhetoric do make your point.

This sums up my point perfectly.

Just win.

Emails. Cookies. Quad appearances. Midnight madness. Long walks on the beach. Free puppies. Bad ties. 8-piece suits. Pom-aid hair. Pants up to the armpits. Tweets about hard work. Post game interviews.

It's all window dressing. Just win.

This sums up my point perfectly.

Just win.

Emails. Cookies. Quad appearances. Midnight madness. Long walks on the beach. Free puppies. Bad ties. 8-piece suits. Pom-aid hair. Pants up to the armpits. Tweets about hard work. Post game interviews.

It's all window dressing. Just win.

Still not true just because you keep posting it. A program is more than wins and losses.

If I had a choice between a coach who won a lot of games while connecting with the students and a coach who did neither, I'd choose the former.

My first post here...

I am not a stat cruncher by no means. I go to all the home games and I kinda try to just call it like I see it. There is one fact that I don't think anyone can really debate. In previous years, regardless of whether or not we were having a great season, we could pack out the LJVM when an ACC team came to town. I find it amazing that immediately coming off a team with Ish, LD, Aminu etc, that in less than a season (within the first few games imo) the fan base went south. I personally feel like we had Coach B shoved down our throats and Ron EXPECTS us to accept it because he is the all powerful AD. A lot of people really didn't care for how it was handled. I mean seriously, what did Dino do that was so bad to make them jump the gun and fire him without a decent prospect in mind to replace him? I was at the UNC game and I was really disappointed with all the Carolina fans that were sitting where Deac fans (or at least I thought they were Deac fans) usually sit. I think they should give up those seats to some true Gold & Black fans.

All we can do now is keep dumping pals of water overboard until someone can fix this big azzzz hole in the side of our sinking bball program.

Great forum by the way. I feel a little out manned with the strength of the knowledge in here. I am seeing things in a new light.

Back