• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted], Please resign.

At least if Ph were the coach, I would have some consistent interest in WFU basketball. We couldn't be any worse and there would be great humor potential. As it is, I have absolutely no interest in WFU basketball 95% of the time and am burdened by unmitigated rage 5% of the time.

I would give sick press conferences. Ask the lady who sat in front of me at Notre Dame. I killed it.

Wellman will give Bzzz at least 2 years with his recruits. If we still suck after next season, I expect he will resign or something, but I doubt his pal Ron ever fires him.

I hope it's not, but the prevailing sentiment of some of the donors I've talked to in Winston have been convinced this was a crony hire from the start. I'd just be surprised if Wellman didn't give Bzz 2 years with his recruits given how much he's stood up for him until now.

Sent from my iPhone

I just cannot see how this season ends without [Redacted] being fired or extended. It would be just 2 years left on his contract, that is suicide on the recruiting trail.

I just cannot see how this season ends without [Redacted] being fired or extended. It would be just 2 years left on his contract, that is suicide on the recruiting trail.

He's only got one Senior and one Junior on the roster. All his eggs for the future are in the Freshman class basket. As long as those guys don't transfer, he can hold off the recruiting pressure for a year. Suicide would be extending him.

Since we're talking about Buzz, it may help recruiting not to extend his contract. If there is someone who already wants to go to Wake, or gets convinced that they want to go to Wake, then knowing that Buzz will not be around for your entire career would be a good thing...

Since we're talking about Buzz, it may help recruiting not to extend his contract. If there is someone who already wants to go to Wake, or gets convinced that they want to go to Wake, then knowing that Buzz will not be around for your entire career would be a good thing...

Uncertainty is rarely, if ever, a good thing.

That is true. But it did not fit with that whole glass half full thing I was trying for... :naughty:

Nobody signs a LOI thinking, "hey, these coaches will probably get fired soon and I'll get a new coach" unless they're a triple-legacy or something.

Nobody signs a LOI thinking, "hey, these coaches will probably get fired soon and I'll get a new coach" unless they're a triple-legacy or something.

I don't see how any kid or parent with a brain sees this shit show and believes that Bzz is going to be here very much longer.

He's only got one Senior and one Junior on the roster. All his eggs for the future are in the Freshman class basket. As long as those guys don't transfer, he can hold off the recruiting pressure for a year. Suicide would be extending him.

Major assumption ...

Hate to say it but his recruits that he's brought in are mediocre at best.
Cavanaugh? Dude is garbage and isn't D-1 skilled. Next year Overton is a three star player. Sweet. I'm stoked.
Bring on Bruce Pearl and #bringbacktheswagger!!!!!!

Back