• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeff [Redacted] Show: No more live questions/CJ and Cav On Now

He's recruiting others to appear on his show, because he's afraid of the audience.

I sincerely do not recall... but did Skip or Dino ever skip the coach's show at all? I'm certain they didn't skip it this often or in back-to-back weeks.

What about Odom?

Bzzzz will probably call in as a " superfan Biff Juzdelik" and applaud the coaching staff and Wellman.

I sincerely do not recall... but did Skip or Dino ever skip the coach's show at all? I'm certain they didn't skip it this often or in back-to-back weeks.

What about Odom?

I think Skip would miss one every now and then. The coaches are on the recruiting trail during the season on days off and there are quite a bit of HS Thursday night games.

Who filled in if anybody?

If this wasn't happening to our program it would be comical. We'd rather have Bzz sitting around W-S instead of recruiting. Or better yet, sorry Johnny Hoops Star I'd like to stay for your game but I have this one hour radio show I have to do instead, so maybe next time, say hi to Roy and kaye for me.

Clearly Bzz is not the coach for us, but no matter what he does some one will go on a rant about it (i.e. if we found out he came back from recruiting just to do the radio show).

I'm going to try to call in tonight and ask a real question about the offensive sets and how the players are adjusting to it. Not a Buzz-Out question, but I want to hear what Cav and CJ think about it.

If this wasn't happening to our program it would be comical. We'd rather have Bzz sitting around W-S instead of recruiting. Or better yet, sorry Johnny Hoops Star I'd like to stay for your game but I have this one hour radio show I have to do instead, so maybe next time, say hi to Roy and kaye for me.

Clearly Bzz is not the coach for us, but no matter what he does some one will go on a rant about it (i.e. if we found out he came back from recruiting just to do the radio show).
It's not that he's missing it this one time. It's that this is the second week in a row after a very contentious week in which he was repeatedly asked tougher questions than normal. It is very strange he was able to do the first, but then the next two weeks are fill-in shows. If he consistently has scheduling issues with Thursday, shouldn't the show be a different night? Or taped some other time then aired on Thursday (since no live questions)? It's the coaches show, which is hard to do without the coach.

The objective has never been a good give and take of info between the coach and the fan base, but a cheerleading bunch of BS. When they ran out of cheerleaders (Calls that thank the coach for all he is doing, I know you have a tough job, keep up the good work, etc) it was time to pull the plug.

If he consistently has scheduling issues with Thursday, shouldn't the show be a different night? Or taped some other time then aired on Thursday (since no live questions)? It's the coaches show, which is hard to do without the coach.

That is a very valid point.

I seem to remember Dino filling in for Skip on an occasion or two, but Skip never missed shows like Cowardly Bzzz does.

He also always did them at restaurants where you could ask questions in person, right? I believe Dino did that as well. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about that.

[Redacted] cancelled that practice after like 2 shows in his first year here. Gotta retreat to the underground lair instead.

He also always did them at restaurants where you could ask questions in person, right? I believe Dino did that as well. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about that.

[Redacted] cancelled that practice after like 2 shows in his first year here. Gotta retreat to the underground lair instead.

Skip did a bunch at The Loop, but I don't remember if it was something he did every single week

Or taped some other time then aired on Thursday (since no live questions)? It's the coaches show, which is hard to do without the coach.

Might as well be taped now that the live call-in is gone. Easier to make sure Wellman gets his message out that way. Script it out, tape it, play it.

Skip did a bunch at The Loop, but I don't remember if it was something he did every single week

Every show was from The Loop. The studio shows didn't start until Bz arrived IIRC.

Thought they moved it to ISP/MG when the new building was finished.

I'd actually much rather listen to CJ and Cav than Buzz. Maybe they'll make this change permanent.

Back