• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jeopardy Tournament of Champions

Missed the semi-finals last week when Joon went out. I figured he'd take the cake. Anyone know who he lost to?

Last night was epic. I felt bad for the other two guys.

lols that was an easy final jeopardy tonight and all 3 got it wrong

townie, when you were on sabbatical from the boards there was a guy on jeopardy who reminded me of you (and no, we've never met*). not sure how closely you watch jeopardy, but it was a young guy that made a ton of money and was ridiculous on any literature/arts questions. did you see him and did you relate to him at all?

*not a stalker, i swear. guy just seemed to fit your e-persona.

Question?

I mean answer!

Category: 19th Century Poetry

This bro wrote:

"He looked upon the garish day
With such a wistful eye;
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die."

townie, when you were on sabbatical from the boards there was a guy on jeopardy who reminded me of you (and no, we've never met*). not sure how closely you watch jeopardy, but it was a young guy that made a ton of money and was ridiculous on any literature/arts questions. did you see him and did you relate to him at all?

*not a stalker, i swear. guy just seemed to fit your e-persona.

I don't really watch that much, but those are definitely my strengths. I certainly perked up at 19th Century poetry. I guess the next stanza is more famous,

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!"

Who is Oscar Wilde?

From The Ballad of Reading Gaoul, his petition for release from prison.

I was hoping Tom would win. In one of the quarterfinals or semis, I was for the dorky young doctor from Maryland.

I liked Tom, too, and the other two semifinalists in Roger's group.

I've never read Dorian Gray, but for some reason the first thing I thought of when I saw that last Final Jeopardy was Dorian Gray. Had no clue that it was actually Wilde.

Back