• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jerry "The King" Lawler

rjequalsmj

Reaction score
Suffered a legit heart attack during last nights RAW. Collapsed while he was announcing and had to be rushed to emergency room. Lawler had wrestled earlier in the night

Is this the same dude who had the feud with Andy Kaufman? I remember seeing that live on Letterman 25 years ago.

I never watch wrestling but I flipped by while the announcer was announcing he had been taken to the hospital. Seemed like 100% unadulterated shtick. Color me extremely skeptical.

I never watch wrestling but I flipped by while the announcer was announcing he had been taken to the hospital. Seemed like 100% unadulterated shtick. Color me extremely skeptical.

It wasn't this has been confirmed by numerous media outlets and the WWE has issued statements saying it was legitimate.

It wasn't this has been confirmed by numerous media outlets and the WWE has issued statements saying it was legitimate.

You mean the WWE releases a statement saying it was legit? Never mind, this has to be real.

I just googled it on my phone and it looks like everyone is just reporting on the WWE statement. In the wrestling vernacular...this is a work.

Like Vince McMahon blowing up legit or Chris Benoit rampage legit?

Owen Hart falling to his death legit. Also skins you're an idiot. CNN / everywhere is reporting it as legit. He started rambling while announcing and then collapsed.

Last edited:
Owen Hart falling to his death legit. Also skins you're an idiot. CNN / everywhere is reporting it as legit. He started rambling while announcing and then collapsed.

That is legit. Like Shawn Michaels losing his smile legit.

Again from my phone but here is the CNN article.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/10/showbiz/wrestling-lawler/index.html

Notice who is the source for every bit of information. Again, skeptical until I hear from a Dr.
isaac-yankem.jpg

It's legit.

"is that st peters music?" tag need so much posrep.

ok...so I found the video that I saw last night while flipping through the channels. Here it is

I don't know if he really had a heart attack or not (after reading more news reports I am leaning toward it being real) HOWEVER...that video reeks of schtick. That guy would get a D in a high school drama class for that overacting.

Lol so you think it's real AND that he's overacting?

Back