• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JG to CO?

popodeac

Reaction score
Per coachingsearch.com and Boulder newspaper, Colorado is interested in Coach Grobe.

"Colorado: The Daily Camera is reporting that Colorado is interesting in talking with Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen and Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe. According to The Daily Camera reporter Kyle Ringo, Colorado will indeed interview Cincinnati head coach Butch Jones next week. *Mississippi State fans shouldn't lose sleep over this one."

This was mentioned a couple of days ago but there seems to be more to it now. Colorado fans are really pissed about the idea it seems, and they should be. Grobe is not what they need, not at 60 years old. And, well, if grobe is even interviewing that means wellman has put him on a very short leash because colorado is a worse job than wake right now.

This was mentioned a couple of days ago but there seems to be more to it now. Colorado fans are really pissed about the idea it seems, and they should be. Grobe is not what they need, not at 60 years old. And, well, if grobe is even interviewing that means wellman has put him on a very short leash because colorado is a worse job than wake right now.

Please don't say this publicly. We should all be acting terrified that they might take him off our hands. I like Grobe. But I'm 100% cool with him leaving and us getting a fresh start. Oh shit, that means you know who is going to hire his replacement. :( He very well might do worse than Grobe. Prepare for Caldwell Part II. Still, I want this to happen. I think Grobe is overpaid and it's time.

I thought this was a joke or an old article from a few years ago when Grobe was more attractive. Is this for real?

I thought this was a joke or an old article from a few years ago when Grobe was more attractive. Is this for real?

This is real. I would imagine Colorado is looking for an elder statesman at this point who isn't going to bring any huge headlines their way. Oh and a white guy.

Kenny Beck ‏@kennybeckWXII

Jim Grobe tells @wxii he plans to coach Wake Forest football in 2013, and "a lot longer than that." Has no idea why retirement rumor started

Let us all look forward to many years of Lobo.

So if they can't get Grobe....what are the chances they take Lobo?

Ehh on second thought were not that lucky. I'd win the lotto before that happened.

90th best offense under Lobo.

Under normal circumstances, that's grounds for dismissal. But not here where the HC covers for you.

No way in hell Grobe wants to go to Colorado at this point in his career and with his current contract.

Back