• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JG to CO?

CU is way too liberal a place for old JG to fit in and feel comfortable. This has zero chance of ever happening.

No way in hell Grobe wants to go to Colorado at this point in his career and with his current contract.

Plus the golf sucks in Boulder. I just don't see it. The Colorado job is great if you have a place in Steamboat and ski. That's not Jim Grobe.

CU is way too liberal a place for old JG to fit in and feel comfortable. This has zero chance of ever happening.

Wasn't Bill McCartney one of the head honchos of the Promise Keepers men's ministry back in the 90's?

WXII Kenny Beck had Coach Grobe on the air tonight. Coach stated that he is not going anywhere. Stated that he wanted to be at Wake for several more years.. You can probably goto wxii webpage and see the interview.

Per coachingsearch.com and Boulder newspaper, Colorado is interested in Coach Grobe.

"Colorado: The Daily Camera is reporting that Colorado is interesting in talking with Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen and Wake Forest head coach Jim Grobe. According to The Daily Camera reporter Kyle Ringo, Colorado will indeed interview Cincinnati head coach Butch Jones next week. *Mississippi State fans shouldn't lose sleep over this one."

Butch Jones is going to Purdue. Mark it down!

I was going to say Grobe wouldn't be bad for Colorado if he really is only good at taking shitty teams to .500 seasons

But then again I didn't realize Colorado was basically in the same place Wake is now only 3-4 years ago (consistent 5-7 seasons with occasional bowl eligibility)...

So presumably he would only be able to get them back to competing for bowls which I'm sure isn't where they want to be since they were just there 3 years ago.

When Grobe flirted with Baylor and held Wake hostage for a huge payoff over Arkansas, this thread would have been 20 pages long.
Now, just 2 - Meh - apathy is setting in with Grobe's regime.

Only the lord knows why.

WXII Kenny Beck had Coach Grobe on the air tonight. Coach stated that he is not going anywhere. Stated that he wanted to be at Wake for several more years.. You can probably goto wxii webpage and see the interview.

Do you people not read the thread before you post?

It really is embarrassing the kind of shit that people get away with on these boards.

Bullying and hate are one thing but ethnic slurs and extremely offensive tags are another.

Hope these taggers feel proud of themselves

Wasn't Bill McCartney one of the head honchos of the Promise Keepers men's ministry back in the 90's?

You are correct. The misogynist, racist scumbag McCartney was HC. He disowned daughter for getting pregnant from one his black players.

McCartney recruited lots of ex gangbangers from LA.

What exactly is appealing about 2012 Jim Grobe? If this were 2007, I would understand Colorado's interest, but now it seems like they're reaching.

What exactly is appealing about 2012 Jim Grobe? If this were 2007, I would understand Colorado's interest, but now it seems like they're reaching.

They do know that Riley and Phonso arent included in the deal, right?

Back