• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JHMD = Clarence Thomas?

Thomas was admitted and graduated from college and law school before the first Supreme Court ruling on affirmative action. That being said, wouldn't be the last time he failed to grasp the nuances in court rulings. Was utterly ridiculous when Pat Buchanan disparaged Sotomayor by saying that "Sarah Palin didn't need affirmative action", without noting neither did any of the tens of thousands who attended the same schools that Palin did. The recent UT ruling was also kind of silly. The woman who was rejected by UT graduated from LSU, not Rice. In the hundreds of colleges and universities in America, only a few dozen public schools have competitive admissions. It's not like people are being denied educations by going to LSU rather than UT. Affordable housing for teachers, cops, and firemen in affluent towns makes sense, but affordable housing doesn't need to be 10,000 square foot mansions.

READ his book. See what it says about his admittance to Yale.

This thread transitioned very quickly from a funny lighthearted jab at JH to revealing a very ugly side to RJ. Basically you can't be black and conservative or you are an Uncle Tom.

This thread transitioned very quickly from a funny lighthearted jab at JH to revealing a very ugly side to RJ. Basically you can't be black and conservative or you are an Uncle Tom.

Uncle Tom Sowell can be thrown in for effect.

RJ has many ugly sides...like the many aspects of a gemstone, except his gives off a shitty-glint that seems to cloud every chat room. He reminds me of the character from Old Brother Where Art Thou...the guy startles awake and grumble-shouts "GD my hair!" I can see ol' RJ, like Sisyphus, duly rolling the rock of all human ills up the hill and back again... "GD the ills!"

*Actually, Thomas Sowell is an exceptionally bright and gifted man as was his mentor Milton Friedman

Last edited:

This is a TOTAL lie. You owe me an apology.

THIS man isn't qualified. THIS man is a hypocrite. THIS man doesn't understand the basic ethics of being a judge. THIS man showed it by not recusing himself when the majority of his family income was earned taking a position lobbying for that case.

Maybe you just can't understand how ONE person doesn't equal EVERYONE. You should really work on it before posting total BULLSHIT.

I disagree dramatically with many of the positions you take based on your faith. But I don't extrapolate this to meaning you have an "ugly side". You should do the same.

There is NO excuse for your post other than total ignorance, laziness and desire to insult the core of someone.

THIS man isn't qualified. THIS man is a hypocrite. THIS man doesn't understand the basic ethics of being a judge. THIS man showed it by not recusing himself when the majority of his family income was earned taking a position lobbying for that case.

Maybe you just can't understand how ONE person doesn't equal EVERYONE. You should really work on it before posting total BULLSHIT.

I disagree dramatically with many of the positions you take based on your faith. But I don't extrapolate this to meaning you have an "ugly side". You should do the same.

There is NO excuse for your post other than total ignorance, laziness and desire to insult the core of someone.

And just when you thought you'd seen his greatest hits...

Another dark gem.

It's not a lie. it's a spot on description. You throwing out the Uncle Tom label is disgusting, but not surprising given your history of hypocrisy on these boards.

It's not a lie. it's a spot on description. You throwing out the Uncle Tom label is disgusting, but not surprising given your history of hypocrisy on these boards.

This. Calling an African American an Uncle Tom is a close second to the N word in terms of level of offensiveness. If you disagree then I challenge you to find the closest black man and call him an Uncle Tom to his face.

It has no place in our current society. It is a complete denigration of a mans humanity and reduces him to a status that is less than a man. It says "you are not worthy of the color of your skin." It is ugly and unnecessary. That was my point.

You committed the same crime you decry the Tea Party crazies for committing all the time. You took political differences with a black man and turned it into racism. Obama is the antichrist / Thomas is an Uncle Tom. In this case you are the hypocrite.

RJ is a great American, but he probably need to stick with comedy.

WRONG AGAIN!

Can you not READ? I said "Thomas" not Tom. There is a HUGE difference.

That is that he is a condescending, hypocritical, under-qualified and arrogant person who doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. He has a boulder.

He's the person used the term "lynching" at his Senate hearing and many times since.

My bad. Using HIS OWN words isn't good enough for you.

I still haven't gotten as personal with you as you have with me. But that's OK, you can be as vile personally towards as you want. But if I said anything like this to you, there would be all sorts attacks on me.

Once again, you don't practice what you preach. You don't treat others as they treat you.

If the Republicans were smart, they'd make Justice Thomas the topic of debate as often as possible, just to make the Democrats look bad. In the same way that the Democrats trot out the gays at every chance to successfully make the Republicans look bad.

RJ's hate speech is the Democrat party line.

Uncle Tom Sowell can be thrown in for effect.

RJ has many ugly sides...like the many aspects of a gemstone, except his gives off a shitty-glint that seems to cloud every chat room. He reminds me of the character from Old Brother Where Art Thou...the guy startles awake and grumble-shouts "GD my hair!" I can see ol' RJ, like Sisyphus, duly rolling the rock of all human ills up the hill and back again... "GD the ills!"

*Actually, Thomas Sowell is an exceptionally bright and gifted man as was his mentor Milton Friedman

facets?

Not just these boards

jg2v6u.jpg

Main Entry: aspect
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: visible feature
Synonyms: air, appearance, attitude, bearing, condition, countenance, demeanor, expression, face, facet, form, look, manner, mien

You are right, though. Facet is better used here.

I really should stop that....it hurts your neck to read them.

Back