• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JHMD = Clarence Thomas?

If the Republicans were smart, they'd make Justice Thomas the topic of debate as often as possible, just to make the Democrats look bad. In the same way that the Democrats trot out the gays at every chance to successfully make the Republicans look bad.

RJ's hate speech is the Democrat party line.

Gays don't trot they prance dumbass.

Can you not READ? I said "Thomas" not Tom. There is a HUGE difference.

RJ - What a COCKatoo you are!

"I said Thomas not Tom" might be the funniest thing RJ has ever posted on this forum.

Wait, is RJ arguing that affirmative action results in under qualified individuals achieving jobs that are beyond their capabilities?

Wait, is RJ arguing that affirmative action results in under qualified individuals achieving jobs that are beyond their capabilities?

No. He's arguing that affirmative action results in under qualified individuals achieving jobs that are beyond their capabilities when they don't think like he thinks they are supposed to think. HUGE difference.

I don't see how affirmative action really applies to Thomas' situation since he went to Yale and I believe Holy Cross before that. Maybe it's been talked about (I didn't read the whole thread) but I don't understand since he attended private universities.

Also there's some level of intrigue surrounding Thomas' doting originalism when the Founding Fathers owned slaves and didn't give black people constitutional rights in the first place, but maybe that's better left for another day.

What part of my saying THIS man don't you get?

But it is a typical move for you to take what I say and try to make fit what you want me to have said.

I don't see how affirmative action really applies to Thomas' situation since he went to Yale and I believe Holy Cross before that. Maybe it's been talked about (I didn't read the whole thread) but I don't understand since he attended private universities.

Also there's some level of intrigue surrounding Thomas' doting originalism when the Founding Fathers owned slaves and didn't give black people constitutional rights in the first place, but maybe that's better left for another day.

His admittance to Yale Law was because of their version of AA. Here's a direct quote from him:

"NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) _ U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has a 15-cent price tag stuck to his Yale law degree, blaming the school's affirmative action policies in the 1970s for his difficulty finding a job after he graduated.

Some of his black classmates say Thomas, who was born in Pin Point, Ga., needs to get over his grudge because Yale opened the door to extraordinary opportunities.

Thomas' new autobiography, My Grandfather's Son, shows how the second black justice on the Supreme Court came to oppose affirmative action after his law school experience.

He was one of about 10 blacks in a class of 160 who had arrived at Yale after the unrest of the 1960s, which culminated in a Black Panther Party trial in New Haven that nearly caused a large-scale riot.

The conservative justice says he initially considered his admission to Yale a dream, but soon felt he was there because of his race. He says he loaded up on tough courses to prove he was not inferior to his white classmates but considers the effort futile. He says he was repeatedly turned down in job interviews at law firms after his 1974 graduation.

``I learned the hard way that a law degree from Yale meant one thing for white graduates and another for blacks, no matter how much any one denied it,'' Thomas writes. ``I'd graduated from one of America's top law schools, but racial preference had robbed my achievement of its true value.''

Thomas says he stores his Yale Law degree in his basement with a 15-cent sticker from a cigar package on the frame.

His view isn't shared by black classmate William Coleman III.

"I can only say my degree from Yale Law School has been a great boon,'' said Coleman, now an attorney in Philadelphia. ``Had he not gone to a school like Yale, he would not be sitting on the Supreme Court.''

The reason he didn't get any good job offers is because he didn't do well at Yale. He's the ultimate whiner as blames others for his mediocrity.

Definitely seems like justification to call him one of the most racially charged slurs in the American dialect.

His admittance to Yale Law was because of their version of AA. Here's a direct quote from him:

"NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) _ U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas has a 15-cent price tag stuck to his Yale law degree, blaming the school's affirmative action policies in the 1970s for his difficulty finding a job after he graduated.

Some of his black classmates say Thomas, who was born in Pin Point, Ga., needs to get over his grudge because Yale opened the door to extraordinary opportunities.

Thomas' new autobiography, My Grandfather's Son, shows how the second black justice on the Supreme Court came to oppose affirmative action after his law school experience.

He was one of about 10 blacks in a class of 160 who had arrived at Yale after the unrest of the 1960s, which culminated in a Black Panther Party trial in New Haven that nearly caused a large-scale riot.

The conservative justice says he initially considered his admission to Yale a dream, but soon felt he was there because of his race. He says he loaded up on tough courses to prove he was not inferior to his white classmates but considers the effort futile. He says he was repeatedly turned down in job interviews at law firms after his 1974 graduation.

``I learned the hard way that a law degree from Yale meant one thing for white graduates and another for blacks, no matter how much any one denied it,'' Thomas writes. ``I'd graduated from one of America's top law schools, but racial preference had robbed my achievement of its true value.''

Thomas says he stores his Yale Law degree in his basement with a 15-cent sticker from a cigar package on the frame.

His view isn't shared by black classmate William Coleman III.

"I can only say my degree from Yale Law School has been a great boon,'' said Coleman, now an attorney in Philadelphia. ``Had he not gone to a school like Yale, he would not be sitting on the Supreme Court.''

The reason he didn't get any good job offers is because he didn't do well at Yale. He's the ultimate whiner as blames others for his mediocrity.

it's still hard to believe you're single!

Definitely seems like justification to call him one of the most racially charged slurs in the American dialect.

I for one regret that absence of an "Uncle Thomas" parody account from these boards.

Back