• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jill Abramson - Commencement Speaker

In May 2007, Abramson was seriously injured in a truck-pedestrian traffic accident near the New York Times's Times Square headquarters. She and her husband subsequently filed a lawsuit against the truck's driver, owner and operator.[8]

Looks like she and Wellman have something in common.

It's kinda funny to have the head of a dying medium give the keynote speech at graduation, where the honorees (the students) will be looking to find jobs in expanding & in-demand fields shortly after graduation.

It's kinda funny to have the head of a dying medium give the keynote speech at graduation, where the honorees (the students) will be looking to find jobs in expanding & in-demand fields shortly after graduation.

I agree with the sentiment, but NYT posted a pretty good year last year, especially in online readership after putting up reading walls.

Interesting point but the Times is a good example of a print media company who did a great job adapting to the digital age. Think it'll be a good message for the Tribble and Calloway students alike.

The only good thing the NYT ever did was that Times New Roman font thing they invented.

Interesting point but the Times is a good example of a print media company who did a great job adapting to the digital age. Think it'll be a good message for the Tribble and Calloway students alike.

I would expect more accountability from you.

Prepare for a snooze fest. She spoke at Stern commencement and gave a bad version of "go out there and be somebody" and "you are tomorrow's future" cookie cutter speech. Could get ugly early.

Fire Hatch

I think having Arnold Palmer as Commencement speaker was all kinds of awesome.

I mean if you're biking in Times Square I don't have a lot of sympathy for you....

Jill Abramson got fired today...five days before she's giving the speech at Wake Forest. Awkward...

Back