• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jill Abramson - Commencement Speaker

Yeah now that I think about it you're right. My mistake

Last edited:
I thought she already graduated? She was a student when he was hired.

Not unlike [name redacted], she should have been done after 4 years but ended up getting an extra year.

You donks, Courtney is smart. She was doing the fifth year MA Program IIRC

There has been no reported sighting that I'm aware of so it sounds like if [Redacted] was there he was incognito. Sort of like The Man Without a Face.

As the young 'uns leave MSD, another page turns. Time to hunker down and wait out the long summer.

just watched this...he actually stole the opening about grandparents having no idea who he is from Ed Helms' speech last year at Knox College...and maybe Ed stole it too....or they have the same writers?

1:07

Last edited:
It's probably an old bit. Everything is a Remix.

A very cool list but awfully suspect. Abramson's should not be on there.

Colin Powell saying "Party on Deacons" is pretty strong

Jill Abramson's situation was discussed in USA Today. Prominent mention of her speech at Wake, and her not bailing/getting asked to not show up.

If anyone has a print copy of the USA Today article, please PM me- I'd like to have it as my son graduated this week.

Courtney started the fifth year program but IIRC didn't stay too long. Maybe wrong though.

I apologize for not getting back to this thread sooner. I thought that I heard a laugh track and an applause track, but it may have been something with the mics.

You are correct - Courtney left the MA program shortly after starting, and moved to another state.

Back