• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jill Abramson - Commencement Speaker

Lots of Wake Forest mentions on NPR this afternoon.

Curious what your issues with him are.

Um he sucks, is completely disconnected with: students, Wake Forest's history, athletics, and anyone who doesn't have $$$$$$$ that many dollar signs on their paycheck, is running the school on a flawed model (don't want to get into this part too much, but cutting faculty health care and raising tuition every year = bad), etc.

Those are a few of mine at least.

Um he sucks, is completely disconnected with: students, Wake Forest's history, athletics, and anyone who doesn't have $$$$$$$ that many dollar signs on their paycheck, is running the school on a flawed model (don't want to get into this part too much, but cutting faculty health care and raising tuition every year = bad), etc.

Those are a few of mine at least.

Plus he has public ally confused Wake for Notre Dame multiple times.

Plus he has publically confused Wake for Notre Dame multiple times.

And this. Like seriously how the fuck do you do that? It'd be like if Obama made a speech and said he was proud to be serving the people of Illinois.

Congrats to my son and fellow 2014 WF graduates- GO DEACS!

AWESOME DAY FOR A GRADUATION ON THE QUAD!

Doesn't matter, not Fox.

It actually did make Fox News. I graduated today and was excited to see it when I went to get lunch with my family.

I thought that the speech was weird. They had a laugh track and an applause track playing whenever she made a joke.

It actually did make Fox News. I graduated today and was excited to see it when I went to get lunch with my family.

I thought that the speech was weird. They had a laugh track and an applause track playing whenever she made a joke.

Wait on Fox News or on the Quad?

what in the world are you talking about?

Yeah there was definitely piped in applause

So this. The applause from those behind the mic - that's what you heard.

I'm gonna have to agree with that. I was in front near the stage and didn't hear anything like that. It doesn't sound like a WFU kind of thing to do for a graduation ceremony. A [Redacted] presser could have used a laugh track, no need for applause.

Back