• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jill Abramson - Commencement Speaker

It actually did make Fox News. I graduated today and was excited to see it when I went to get lunch with my family.

I thought that the speech was weird. They had a laugh track and an applause track playing whenever she made a joke.

I call bullshit

It actually did make Fox News. I graduated today and was excited to see it when I went to get lunch with my family.

I thought that the speech was weird. They had a laugh track and an applause track playing whenever she made a joke.

And I apologize G, I got caught up in my skepticism, but I should have said congratulations on graduation, by far the much more important point. Way to go!

Its a good speech, much better the Law School speech I had to endure last Friday. UGH BORING

So they used ~two Wake pictures (Manning and the Deacon). Great article.

So they used ~two Wake pictures (Manning and the Deacon). Great article.

I could be overthinking it (no shit, Townie) but I thought they were trying to be meta and cool and make a buzzfeed-y clicky listy article explicitly NOT about Jill Abramson.

Would the last fired person to leave Wake's campus please turn out the light? #grobe #[redacted] #abramson

The faculty were definitely pro Abramson, and were vocal with their clapping. It wasn't piped in.

This. Just the multiple mics picked up their responses during her speech.

On a brighter note, congrats to all the graduates! I am sad to be moving on but have loved my last 8 years here!

She was wearing jeans underneath her regalia during the speech.

What else would you expect from someone who is at the forefront of the woman's equal pay movement. She burned her bra at the bonfire Sunday night too.

I thought she already graduated? She was a student when he was hired.

Back