• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Boeheim Fan Club

Even though the call was correct, he lost the game for his team and he was extremely out of line. Other than that, he was perfectly fine.

If Jabari Parker didn't charge on the dunk in the second half then that last play was a block, too.

This kind of problem was inevitable once they began to let all the illegal physical contact get further & further out of hand years ago. The game is impossible to call now.

Its kind of hard to go back to the peach basket at this point.

Has it been mentioned yet that Fair was standing out of bounds when the play started? Thus Duke should have had the ball and everything else after that wouldn't have happened.

Boeheim is obviously a prick.
Lots of great coaches, and, in fact, great and powerful men in many fields of endeavor are pricks.
Hood was clearly fouled on the arm at the end of the game in Syracuse - K did not lose his mind.
The charge/block at the end of the game in cameron was a close call and could have gone either way. In fact, as the guy kind of went around the defender and made the layup, it even could have been a no-call. Personally, I either would have called a block or a no-call - but the charge was not an outrageous call.
Boeheim lost his mind and took away any chance his team had of winning. They were only down 2 with 10 seconds and Duke had been missing their FTs.
Intentional or not, Boeheim's rant may serve as a message to the ACC officials that there is another powerful coach in the league now who is not going to take any crap.

I remember Coach K going off once or twice at the special treatment that Deano used to get and it eventually worked in his favor.

With about a minute and a half left, since Syracuse couldn't throw it in the ocean from three feet once again, I left the bar and went upstairs to take a dump.

When I came back down, my Syracuse fan was outside smoking.

He said "Syracuse lost. Boeheim got thrown out."

I looked at him and said, "he's just setting them up for the tournament."

I wasn't talking about the NCAA's.

Ha, just watched that replay finally. Just a horrid call made even worse by the fact that Duke had just been the beneficiary of the exact same play being called the other way minutes before. The new rule makes it so easy to get these right - just watch the shot begin then any movement means it's a block. Duke player is clearly still sliding forward after Fair starts his shooting motion, it's not even close.

Love Boeheim's reaction, totally justified. Good to see a real coach taking a stand against the bullshit calls Duke gets.

Back