• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe #5 on hotseat this week

"Boston College is a dreadful BCS team" in the USC/Kiffin write-up. What does that make us/ They were kind to Jim.

"Things seem destined to get ugly in Winston-Salem."

The ugly hasn't arrived yet? Good God.

Lists like these that put Bzz and Grobe on the hot seat don't seem to take into account the "historical competitiveness" and "oh heavens yes" atmosphere of our AD.

The amazing thing is that Bz is about 1,000,000 times worse than Grobe in every way. I think most people still like Grobe, but are frustrated with the program's obvious struggles and the seeming lack of enthusiasm to change it.

Frankly, it goes to show why most coaches at major revenue programs typically coach a max of 10 years or so. There just aren't many long-timers anymore.

Lists like these that put Bzz and Grobe on the hot seat don't seem to take into account the "historical competitiveness" and "oh heavens yes" atmosphere of our AD.

Wellman will give the entire East Side Stadium tickets to the Boys and Girls clubs of High Point, Winston, Greensboro and Charlotte. He will then trumpet our increased attendance numbers in the offseason as a reason to keep the staff intact.

the best thing that Grobe has going for him right now is jeff [Redacted]

the best thing that Grobe has going for him right now is jeff [Redacted]

Actually, I think it's the opposite. Grobe has the following names going for him: Hildebrand, Tate, Stoll, Harper, Mills, Mackovic, Groh, Dooley, Caldwell. That's what he has always been compared to. If we were a final four team in basketball last year, then most of us would just be tailgaiting, getting drunk, and talking about basketball season. I think everyone's shittiness is bad for everyone right now.

Actually, I think it's the opposite. Grobe has the following names going for him: Hildebrand, Tate, Stoll, Harper, Mills, Mackovic, Groh, Dooley, Caldwell. That's what he has always been compared to. If we were a final four team in basketball last year, then most of us would just be tailgaiting, getting drunk, and talking about basketball season. I think everyone's shittiness is bad for everyone right now.

Plus, with our basketball program in the tank until Bzzz is gone, it's even more important the football program be successful. Actually I think a successful basketball program has taken pressure off the football program in the past.

Plus, with our basketball program in the tank until Bzzz is gone, it's even more important the football program be successful. Actually I think a successful basketball program has taken pressure off the football program in the past.

This.

No. Brown will almost certainly just retire.

Instead of having a "hot seat" for coaches on the firing line; Need one for Athletic Directors. Guess who would or should be # 1???

Instead of having a "hot seat" for coaches on the firing line; Need one for Athletic Directors. Guess who would or should be # 1???

Race between Dodds and Wellman.

In order for Grobe's seat to be hot Wellman would need to feel some pressure but Ronald don't care.

Back