• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe on ESPNU at 2:00 pm Monday

In an interview with ESPN,Grobe said "We've got some guys that aren't showing a lot of maturity as far as the workout habits, and classroom habits. That RB group is probably the biggest disaster we have right now. We don't have a dependable guy right now. We'll see how it sorts itself out. We've got a guy in D Martin that could be 'that guy', but he's got to show us a little more resolve off the field to have confidence in him on the field." He went on to says that he's not worried about the OL (Ford and Chase must be OK) and really likes his new LBs. Expects big year from Kevin Johnson and Zach Thompson.

And he's out telling the press to expect more running plays this season?

And he's out telling the press to expect more running plays this season?

He answered another question this way; "We want to get back to having a Chris Barcley type, to hand it to a bunch and not have to worry about it." He also said that Sherman Ragland has a lot of growing up to do.

Doesn't exactly sound like Josh Harris is out of the doghouse

He answered another question this way; "We want to get back to having a Chris Barcley type, to hand it to a bunch and not have to worry about it." He also said that Sherman Ragland has a lot of growing up to do.

I think every program would say "I'd like to have a player like the best offensivd player I've had."

The big problem is in going into year 13, Grpbe is saying he's like to recruit a player like he got in his first full recruiting class.

BPzxYDoCUAAL_kA.jpg

Skinner was a nobody until he got his chance. Maybe Gibson or Wilhite will be this teams Skinner.

Pretty shocking to see Grobe actually show some personality in those photos

Which is why I added the last part which also applied for us in 2006.

All but the injury part, it worked beautifully in '06. So in the right environment it can be done. But to do it consistently is rare and difficult. Its places like LSU that can load up on recruiting and have an insane home crowd where they get away with it year after year. Wake, and any other non-powerhouse have to get lucky with that strategy for it to pay off, and that luck will run out quickly. Grobe struck gold, but should have adapted before luck ran out. No more Fresh Deacs, no more competitive strategy.

Said we got accustomed to throwing it with Skinner. Can't do that with Price. Take DeAndre Martin in your fantasy league! We are gonna run it.

In an interview with ESPN,Grobe said "We've got some guys that aren't showing a lot of maturity as far as the workout habits, and classroom habits. That RB group is probably the biggest disaster we have right now. We don't have a dependable guy right now. We'll see how it sorts itself out. We've got a guy in D Martin that could be 'that guy', but he's got to show us a little more resolve off the field to have confidence in him on the field." He went on to says that he's not worried about the OL (Ford and Chase must be OK) and really likes his new LBs. Expects big year from Kevin Johnson and Zach Thompson.

This doesn't sound good. Though it's probably just Grobe trying to motivate the RBs to step up their game, knowing that we're going to be dependent on them.

This doesn't sound good. Though it's probably just Grobe trying to motivate the RBs to step up their game, knowing that we're going to be dependent on them.

Even if the situation was not good, why would you call your RBs 'the biggest disaster' ? Not very inspiring.

It does imply that there are, in fact, other disasters. That's the most disturbing part for me - I have no illusions about our RBs, DeAndre notwithstanding.

Back