• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe on ESPNU at 2:00 pm Monday

BPzxYDoCUAAL_kA.jpg

Even if the situation was not good, why would you call your RBs 'the biggest disaster' ? Not very inspiring Two words: OPEN BAR

That comment about RBs is alarming. But I certainly blame the staff for not recruiting more RBs. We should have many more RBs than we do.

I also think (fear) that this means Camp will be running the ball more than is ideal.

I'm not going to fear our best player getting more carries. He's got to show us and the scouts that he can stay healthy. What better way than by getting 8-10 carries and 6-10 catches a game?

I'm not going to fear our best player getting more carries. He's got to show us and the scouts that he can stay healthy. What better way than by getting 8-10 carries and 6-10 catches a game?

Problem is that he does not have the size to absorb the punishment...at least that is how it seems. I think he is tough and unafraid of contact; but seems a bit inclined to injury.

Which could happen even with fewer carries.

True. I am for Camp getting as many touches as possible, only I would prefer that he get them in space as opposed to getting hit in the backfield.

He's regularly going to be double teamed, running slants between LBs, or both. He's not going to get much space.

Camp is really the only person on the team who I feel totally comfortable with with the football in his hands. I'm for him having it as much as possible.

Camp is really the only person on the team who I feel totally comfortable with with the football in his hands. I'm for him having it as much as possible.

Yeah. You said it better than I did. If the ball isn't in his hands, it's Price chucking it to somebody who may not catch it, or Harris not breaking a tackle, or (hopefully) Martin having a breakout season.

If this crack staff can't create some sort of balanced attack, I'm afraid Camp is going to be a very frustrated person. Of course, I'm sure Lobo will keep other teams guessing. :(
Harris has got to try for more yardage than simply falling on the first contact. And hopefully we find a legitimate threat at second receiver to take some pressure off of Camp.

Then again, all of this assumes we even have a competent offensive line and Price can at least keep the option attack somewhat balanced.

Lots of variables with this team. And to think we're installing a new offense with a sketchy offensive coordinator on top of all of this. Will believe when I see it.

Grobe did talk about giving him the ball on end arounds and the like this year. I like bringing those plays back, but kind of wish we'd find a faster WR for that role.

However if it sets up Camp throwing passes I'm all for it. With how effective he's been at that pretty ridiculous he only threw one pass last year (for a TD, of course).

But I suppose the problem with such a play is that another player would actually have to catch the ball

Last edited:
Chase and Ford are healthy...knock on wood. The Deacs have had a real spirited off season. The Offense vs Defense workouts have been real enthusiastic. Congrats to Himebauch, Jackson, Lobo, Reeve, and Stubblefied for the intensity. The You tubes speak for themselves.

The line also has an excellent Utility guy in Cody Preble (6'5-285) -- the Rs Soph is healthy and gives the Deacs a Blake Lingruen / Russell Nenon type of "glue guy".

Intemann is an emerging offensive lineman. He is going to be an All-ACC player before he's done. Tremendous strength and good feet. As a matter of fact you can add Turtle and Smith as players to watch. Both have made big strides in the weight room and in speed conditioning.

The Helms kid will come in and start. I know that is a lot of pressure but this guy is country strong like a bull -- the thought of he and Hayworth on one side and Josh Harris on the other is promising. But we don't need to think of that now. WF has RS JR Ford and RS SR Souza to flank the young stud. Whit Barnes can be solid backstop who can also spell at G.

In an interview with ESPN,Grobe said "We've got some guys that aren't showing a lot of maturity as far as the workout habits, and classroom habits. That RB group is probably the biggest disaster we have right now. We don't have a dependable guy right now. We'll see how it sorts itself out. We've got a guy in D Martin that could be 'that guy', but he's got to show us a little more resolve off the field to have confidence in him on the field." He went on to says that he's not worried about the OL (Ford and Chase must be OK) and really likes his new LBs. Expects big year from Kevin Johnson and Zach Thompson.

Martin HAS to be the guy without Harris. Look at your roster Jim, in all reality there is no one else.

Agreed. He needs to pass the ball to himself or hand it off to himself if we want to score. Also, it would be nice if he could play on the D-side at any and every position. Hopefully, he will last the whole season.

That comment about RBs is alarming. But I certainly blame the staff for not recruiting more RBs. We should have many more RBs than we do.

I also think (fear) that this means Camp will be running the ball more than is ideal.

Let's not forget that some of the RBs that were recruited were dismissed - Nick Knott comes to mind - so i can't completely blame this on the staff.

Let's not forget that some of the RBs that were recruited were dismissed - Nick Knott comes to mind - so i can't completely blame this on the staff.

If you believe the rumors, Wellman and possibly Grobe blamed Billings for the TX kids who were kicked out.

Chase and Ford are healthy...knock on wood. The Deacs have had a real spirited off season. The Offense vs Defense workouts have been real enthusiastic. Congrats to Himebauch, Jackson, Lobo, Reeve, and Stubblefied for the intensity. The You tubes speak for themselves.

The line also has an excellent Utility guy in Cody Preble (6'5-285) -- the Rs Soph is healthy and gives the Deacs a Blake Lingruen / Russell Nenon type of "glue guy".

Chase should be good to play for the season but I doubt he'll be 100% and Ford wont come back til mid season with his injury and Cody Preble is more of a Gabe Irby than Blake Lingruen / Russell Nenon. Ill be surprised if he ever steps foot on the field other than to warm up. Preble is by far the weakest Offensive lineman... he can barely power clean 200

all hope of saving the offensive line lies with the incoming lineman and last years class of lineman

that type of injury can take from 12-18 months to recover from and his weight plays a huge factor in recovery

Martin HAS to be the guy without Harris. Look at your roster Jim, in all reality there is no one else.

Not at all. You will be most impressed by Domonique Gibson.

Dom played so many positions in high school that it hurt his position ranking...

But look, it is saying something when you are ranked among the top 5 Football Athletes in the state of Florida (#4 Ath)

Gibson is checking in at 5'10.5 and 215.

Back