• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe

How was Grobe moving at the hot bar?

Grobe was the greatest thing to ever happen to Wake football.

It's a damn shame that he's the subject of punch lines like this.
I was at Wake in the late 60s. Back then our football teams went games without even scoring. Grobe brought us an ACC Championship. I will always be grateful for that.

I saw him on the golf course this weekend. He looked fit and happy. I wouldn't blame him if he simply walked away from coaching and enjoyed himself. Maybe get an ESPN gig. Holtz can't go on forever.

I cannot imagine Grobe at ESPN. I think he would absolutely hate it.

I saw him on the golf course this weekend. He looked fit and happy. I wouldn't blame him if he simply walked away from coaching and enjoyed himself. Maybe get an ESPN gig. Holtz can't go on forever.
Holtz will try to go on forever. He loves being the center of attention. And anybody would be better than Tommy Bowden.

Yeah that's one thing I did notice he's got less of a belly

While I was frustrated over the past three years like everyone else, I still loved Grobe. He is a good and loyal man who took Wake football to its highest level of performance EVER. He stepped down (under pressure or not,) and recognized he just was no longer getting it done. He deserves our admiration and our appreciation.

I hope Grobe's legacy will be to have defined the "historically competitive" benchmark for Wake football.

Back