• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jim Grobe

Carolina has NFL draft picks regularly and had a fraudulent academic dept and still can't win. Winning ain't easy

Carolina has NFL draft picks regularly and had a fraudulent academic dept and still can't win. Winning ain't easy

The coastal is really hot garbage. Duke won it last year and they were what a top 35-40 team.

SEC has crap bottom half, Big 10 (or whatever) has a crap bottom half. PAC 12 ???

Grobe packed it in and left us in a bad position but the current staff has put up 100 yards total offense twice in five games.

It's down-right comical that so many "Johnny-Come-Lately's" on this board cannot understand what an impossible job coaching Wake Forest football in the ACC is....especially this ACC. They ignore 60 years of history as if it means nothing.

What Jim Grobe was able to do during those three years from 2006 thru 2008....28 wins & three bowl games....was a once in a lifetime thing. Something akin to Halley's Comet, which comes around once every 76 years. Now, some people seem to think that this should be the standard for future WF football teams. Hilarious.

Are these just saved somewhere to copy and paste?

Grobe had tremendous success for a head coach at WFU and then mailed it in his last few years...Probably got beat down..It's not that hard to figure out

I don't think he ever mailed it in. I think his loyalty to his staff was the problem.

It's down-right comical that so many "Johnny-Come-Lately's" on this board cannot understand what an impossible job coaching Wake Forest football in the ACC is....especially this ACC. They ignore 60 years of history as if it means nothing.

What Jim Grobe was able to do during those three years from 2006 thru 2008....28 wins & three bowl games....was a once in a lifetime thing. Something akin to Halley's Comet, which comes around once every 76 years. Now, some people seem to think that this should be the standard for future WF football teams. Hilarious.

Let's hope it's a once in your lifetime thing so the wait isn't so long.

What is hilarious is your inability to grasp that what happened in the 1950s is wholly irrelevant to anything today. I am sorry that you have to go back that far to find the last time the world made sense to you. Senility is a horrible affliction.

I will not argue that Wake has to be more efficient in all aspects due to smaller giving base...we need to continue to energize those that are able to fund the facilities and recruiting efforts we need.

That said what in the hell does "this ACC" mean...what is so scary about "this ACC" The one where Miami can't cheat anymore and is much more like Wake and Duke than they are FSU....the one where the two state schools in NC are staring up at the two privates in terms of ACC championship game appearances...the one where VPI can't overachieve anymore with consistent 25-30 ranked recruiting classes...or perhaps the one where apparently Pitt, Syracuse and the dreadful Louisville team I saw today will somehow overtake the college football world.

Say its a more of an uphill battle for Wake - okay - but to make this out to be the SEC West is absurd....Wake is in the PERFECT conference to compete...and it appears we finally have the man who embraces that at the helm..

We get it. Have for years. Now, please. Go fuck yourself.

Let's hope it's a once in your lifetime thing so the wait isn't so long.

What is hilarious is your inability to grasp that what happened in the 1950s is wholly irrelevant to anything today. I am sorry that you have to go back that far to find the last time the world made sense to you. Senility is a horrible affliction.

lol

I will not argue that Wake has to be more efficient in all aspects due to smaller giving base...we need to continue to energize those that are able to fund the facilities and recruiting efforts we need.

That said what in the hell does "this ACC" mean...what is so scary about "this ACC" The one where Miami can't cheat anymore and is much more like Wake and Duke than they are FSU....the one where the two state schools in NC are staring up at the two privates in terms of ACC championship game appearances...the one where VPI can't overachieve anymore with consistent 25-30 ranked recruiting classes...or perhaps the one where apparently Pitt, Syracuse and the dreadful Louisville team I saw today will somehow overtake the college football world.

Say its a more of an uphill battle for Wake - okay - but to make this out to be the SEC West is absurd....Wake is in the PERFECT conference to compete...and it appears we finally have the man who embraces that at the helm..

Miami is still getting some pretty damn good recruiting classes. Al Golden's landed like three straight top ten recruiting classes. I doubt we'll ever see Wake and Duke get that recruiting wise.

It is much easier for Wake to succeed in this ACC than anytime pre-expansion.

They finished in the Top 25

OK. The point is that the coastal this year and next is one of the easiest divisions in football to win. VT is down. Miami isnt that good. UNC and GT?

Back