• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jimmy Carter does not have cancer

While sad, he is 90 and has lived quite a life. If I make it to 90 and am as active as he's been, I'd be pleased.

Same here. Met him randomly walking on campus about 6 years ago (he was with Maya Angelou). Extremely nice and friendly. Went out of his way to come speak to my wife and I and our (then) 9 month old.

Went to a wedding with jimmy carter a while back. Got my picture with him. Only president I have ever met. Sorry to hear he is sick. Have a lot of respect for him. Very authentic human being.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fox...arter-s-cancer-spreading-to-his-brain-bye-bye

After Carter announced his cancer had spread, Fox News sent a negative tweet about his presidency, "Our country has not been as aimless & lost as it is today since, I think, Jimmy Carter." Taking the criticism ever further was conservative commentator Debbie Schlussel, who tweeted out "A cancer has a cancer. Oops, I mean Jimmy Carter has cancer. Same diff." Jimmy Carter announced on August 20 that his cancer had spread to his brain, and Fox News viewers rejoiced with pleasure on the network's Facebook page.

"That's Karma Jimmy, it will get you," one Fox News' fan said. "You said Homosexuality was OK and you claim to be a Christian? And a Baptist preacher? And Now you have cancer? Karma Buddy." Another Fox News viewer wrote "Brain cancer explains some of his lib policies," and "The worse president we ever had, oh wait Obama. How many died because of this man. Bye bye Jimmy."

Other users brought up his personal politics, stating, "The only thing I am appreciative of peanut Jimmy is that his incompetence made it that much easier for Ronald Reagan to win. Good riddance peanut Jimmy." The outpouring of hatred for Carter, with one Fox News fan saying, "I'm so sorry he has cancer, but he needs to keep his mouth shut, because he is a complete idiot."

Holy shit.

Yeah. Ugh. I think we're in the worst place this country has been in terms of political discourse since the Civil War and Reconstruction. If anyone can think of a worse period since then, please opine.

Let's write a bad article about Fox News that isn't even about Fox News but about random people posting on their Facebook page.

Trolls are hardly newsworthy. I can assure you that the internet discourse was not particularly civil when Reagan died. Nobody gave a shit about Ford.

or it's also about someone they had on their air

The ELC defense: "I'm not saying it's ok, but why is this surprising/a story?"

Let's write a bad article about Fox News that isn't even about Fox News but about random people posting on their Facebook page.

Trolls are hardly newsworthy. I can assure you that the internet discourse was not particularly civil when Reagan died. Nobody gave a shit about Ford.
1) they aren't trolls if they are genuine.

2) Fox News panders to people like that. They are in many ways responsible for the hatred and general intolerance their audience so vocally espouses.

You must have missed the tweet from Fox News.

And that's happening a full year after Ferguson. The cops just DGAF. The officer that shot Vonderitt Meyers was there in riot gear.

The protests were related to another 18 year old shot by police. The police said that the teenager had pointed a gun at them. The autopsy shows he was shot in the back.

Man killed by St. Louis police died from gunshot in the back

Assault charges filed against the 14 year old that cops in NJ shot while he was running away:

14-Year-Old Shot By Cops After Fleeing Now Faces Assault Charge

Police officer wounds boy, 14, on South Side: 'This is like a really, really bad dream'

Video of Chicago Police Officer Firing Into Car of Teens Released By Judge

Back