• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John Currie Credibility Thread

It’s a medium…I’m probably a large but I tend to like my clothes a bit snug.
Free…I don’t want this crap anymore

Will you be leaving OGB’s once you unload all your Wake gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will you be leaving OGB’s once you unload all your Wake gear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will no longer be commenting or posting on any Wake sports...there's no point.
I do enjoy some of the broader sports context as long as people aren't engaging in bigotry and hate speech.

John Currie inherited a pile of crap.

Contracts that lasted for years he couldn’t get us out of. The worst stadium in basketball that we had recklessly just purchased for millions — even though there was no other buyer for $1. An admissions office that suddenly went on lockdown. Virtually no NIL money. An online marketing presence 5 years behind the times. And a ticket office that had been instructed ticket scalping was immoral and the school shouldn’t participate in it.

I think he’s done a fairly good job of starting to unwind the handcuffs we placed on him.

John Currie inherited a pile of crap.

Contracts that lasted for years he couldn’t get us out of. The worst stadium in basketball that we had recklessly just purchased for millions — even though there was no other buyer for $1. An admissions office that suddenly went on lockdown. Virtually no NIL money. An online marketing presence 5 years behind the times. And a ticket office that had been instructed ticket scalping was immoral and the school shouldn’t participate in it.

I think he’s done a fairly good job of starting to unwind the handcuffs we placed on him.
clearly this man has never been to the artist formerly known as the Leon County Civic Center

I attended games this year at Wake, State, UNC, and Dook. Our home environment for the win over Duke was the best and most intense environment of the 4. While I'm all for a new arena, I don't really get the Joel hate. It seems like the better plan would be to give the Joel a facelift while spending money on NIL.

UNC has a ton of history and the college town is great. But the arena is nothing special and it's a huge pain to park, get to the arena, and leave. I totally understand the fans leaving with 5 mins left.
State has a nice arena in PNC, but it's not "theirs" and it's a hockey arena where they are playing basketball. On the other hand, it's 15 mins from my house and the concessions are great.
Cameron is only cool because of how successful the team has been and unless we're travelling back in time it's not going to happen. Stop trying.

Name one - one - NCAA MEN’S Basketball head coach who has won an NCAA championship - or for that matter, a conference championship - whose assistants called his team’s plays.

I will no longer be commenting or posting on any Wake sports...there's no point.
I do enjoy some of the broader sports context as long as people aren't engaging in bigotry and hate speech.
We won’t hold you to it, and hope that you can come back soon

Name one - one - NCAA MEN’S Basketball head coach who has won an NCAA championship - or for that matter, a conference championship - whose assistants called his team’s plays.
Most big programs have a designated assistant call plays. Maybe you don’t remember Tacy and Odoms?

Most big programs have a designated assistant call plays. Maybe you don’t remember Tacy and Odoms?

Back