• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

John McCain has died

From what I’ve seen, those prayers are about worshiping Trump, not worshiping God.

From what I’ve seen, those prayers are about worshiping Trump, not worshiping God.

In Trumpworld, he is God. Like it or not, Evangelicals have joined a new religion, the Cult of Trump, in which the teachings and beliefs of Christ are secondary.

The charade about presidential religion is really bizarre to me. I suppose it mimics the casual relationship most Americans have to Christianity, paying lip service to the tradition while ignoring the real sacrificial call to discipleship. The idea that Trump is somehow a man of God is just really laughable. American Christianity was probably dying on its own, but Trumpism will ultimately kill it. Young folks were already skeptical of religion, the blatant inauthenticity of Trump Christians is just too much faith to ask.

It seems to make everyone feel good to say that Trump is some special type of hypocrite. I don't understand that. He's just a dumbass with a big mouth.

In Trumpworld, he is God. Like it or not, Evangelicals have joined a new religion, the Cult of Trump, in which the teachings and beliefs of Christ are secondary.

The charade about presidential religion is really bizarre to me. I suppose it mimics the casual relationship most Americans have to Christianity, paying lip service to the tradition while ignoring the real sacrificial call to discipleship. The idea that Trump is somehow a man of God is just really laughable. American Christianity was probably dying on its own, but Trumpism will ultimately kill it. Young folks were already skeptical of religion, the blatant inauthenticity of Trump Christians is just too much faith to ask.

https://www.cookpolitical.com/analysis/national/national-politics/getting-know-white-voters

Using a data set from Public Religion Research Institute, Podhorzer broke out white voters by gender, education and whether they identified as evangelical. The gap between white voters who approve and disapprove of Trump by gender was 25 points. By education (college versus non-college) it was about the same at 26 percent. But the gap in perceptions of the president between white voters who are evangelical and those who aren’t was a whopping 60 percent!

This evangelical support gap transcends education and gender. For example, among white evangelicals, college-educated men and non-college educated men give Trump equally impressive job approval ratings (78 percent and 80 percent respectively). But, among white men who aren’t evangelical, the education gap is significant. Those without a college degree give Trump a 52 percent job approval rating, while just 40 percent of those with a college degree approve of the job he’s doing.

Meanwhile, among women, if you remove evangelicals, white women with and without a college degree have the same (very low) opinion of the president.

White evangelical women without a college degree give Trump a 68 percent job approval rating, while those with a degree give him a much lower, though still positive 51 percent approval rating. Meanwhile, Trump’s approval among white, non-evangelical women without a college degree is 35 percent, just five points higher than the 30 percent approval rating he gets from white, non-evangelical college-educated women.

Podhorzer’s analysis leads to two conclusions. First, stop assuming that all white, non-college voters are core Trump supporters. Trump’s base is evangelical white voters, regardless of education level. Second, white non-evangelical, non-college women are the ultimate swing voters.

It seems to make everyone feel good to say that Trump is some special type of hypocrite. I don't understand that. He's just a dumbass with a big mouth.
The naivety of the progressive movement in a nutshell.

Back