• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Johnetta Forbes Kicking Ass!

Yep, think he confirmed on his facebook that she suffered a stroke. Sounds scary.

He posted yesterday (and I posted on the general bball thread) that she had a stroke while down in FL.

They own a house down around Destin (near where he was once the coach in Niceville). Then she was transferred to a hospital in Pensacola.

We are definitely praying for coaches wife and the family. It a hard thing. Hoping for a Fast recovery

She is really pretty young. Hope she can come back from this stroke. I have heard no new updates.

I was hoping that this was something like a TIA, but doesn't sound like it. My mother had a TIA once when I was on the phone with her and it scared the shit out of me. Had it been a full-blown stroke, I would've lost my marbles.

There is a new update on facebook that says they have moved Mrs. Forbes to the Shepard center in Atlanta for intensive therapy for 4-6 weeks.

There is a new update on facebook that says they have moved Mrs. Forbes to the Shepard center in Atlanta for intensive therapy for 4-6 weeks.
Where Rodney Rogers went after his accident….

Shepherd is probably more well know as a brain and spinal cord injury rehabilitation center, but its stroke rehab program is top notch as well. Coach’s wife will be getting the best possible care there.

Last edited:
I was hoping that this was something like a TIA, but doesn't sound like it. My mother had a TIA once when I was on the phone with her and it scared the shit out of me. Had it been a full-blown stroke, I would've lost my marbles.

Strokes are big in my family. My grandmother died suddenly from a stroke. My brother suffered a catastrophic stroke at 64 and lingered for a couple of months before passing away. I lost a friend at 67 who had an event similar to my brother's. I had a TIA at 63, two years after my brother's death. I thought I was dizzy due to being dehydrated and wasn't going to go to my doctor until my nurse wife insisted. I was under the care of a neurologist for two years but really had no symptoms after the first two days.

I also know people who suffered significant strokes and recovered most if not all functions. I hope and pray that Mrs. Forbes's recovery is similar and she is able to resume life as before. It sounds like her children recognized what was happening quickly and got her in the right hands ASAP.

We've been very much in the denial stage of the allegations. Now that the receipts are out, I would expect a pivot to "of course he took the documents. He can do whatever he wants, and he did it to protect us from the deep state."

Strokes are big in my family. My grandmother died suddenly from a stroke. My brother suffered a catastrophic stroke at 64 and lingered for a couple of months before passing away. I lost a friend at 67 who had an event similar to my brother's. I had a TIA at 63, two years after my brother's death. I thought I was dizzy due to being dehydrated and wasn't going to go to my doctor until my nurse wife insisted. I was under the care of a neurologist for two years but really had no symptoms after the first two days.

I also know people who suffered significant strokes and recovered most if not all functions. I hope and pray that Mrs. Forbes's recovery is similar and she is able to resume life as before. It sounds like her children recognized what was happening quickly and got her in the right hands ASAP.
A childhood friend had a massive stroke in her 40’s and was given zero chance of survival. With experimental treatment she did survive. She has a picture of the first MRI, and you can see the large dark shadow where her brain was damaged.

She has worked long and hard. If you met her today, you would never guess she had a catastrophic stroke. She also has a more recent MRI picture where you can see how much of her brain she has rebuilt.

She lost her career, and uses a couple of canes to help her balance, but as a musician she was able to use piano lessons to help her rebuild.

I’m glad that. Mrs Forbes is moving to Shepherd so quickly, and continued prayers as she rebuilds connections.

The update mentioned that she's still mostly hemi-plegic. Not a great sign. Hopefully the fast action by the family and great rehab will make this a tenable long term situation. Prayers for her continued recovery and for the family

Back