• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Johnetta Forbes Kicking Ass!

I used to work at an inpatient rehab facility (not as prestigious as Shepherd though). Based on that discharge date that would be a 5 week length of stay which is longer than average for an inpatient stay. Means that she has really strong potential for a lot of improvement from where she is now. Also a very good sign that he said she is going to be doing outpatient therapy when she gets back to Winston rather than home based therapy. We would usually start people out with Home Health therapy because it was a significant burden for them to get out of the house and to a clinic. If they are anticipating she'll be mobile enough to get to an outpatient clinic then that is a good sign.

I’m almost shocked he hasn’t said he’s taking the season off and we are going to have an interim. I’m not sure how I’d handle this. He’s not just going to work. He’s at the office constantly and traveling all over the country.

I’m almost shocked he hasn’t said he’s taking the season off and we are going to have an interim. I’m not sure how I’d handle this. He’s not just going to work. He’s at the office constantly and traveling all over the country.
I'd be willing to bet he offered and she shut it down.

Strokes are weird. My grandfather had one about 4 years ago. We thought that was it. He didn’t remember anyone for a week. Had trouble speaking. Using his arm and hand. Then poof, it all came back.

It’s just my silly theory, but I believe when the stroke started, the brain knew something was wrong and started shutting down certain areas to preserve itself. Then it slowly rebooted and came back

Forbes' social media post earlier this week, indicated that he has moved into the family residence center at the Shepherd Center and is now in Atlanta indefinitely. I assume his two assistants are running the day-to-day at this point.

Prayers for Johnetta. Entirely too young to be in a wheelchair (which Forbes also indicated).

They are building a massive new hotel next to that place for loved ones of patients. It's not completed yet though, which is too bad.

They are building a massive new hotel next to that place for loved ones of patients. It's not completed yet though, which is too bad.
Increased family housing is a big part of Shepherd’s current capital campaign - the new Blank family residences will basically double capacity. Right now, I think they only have the capacity to provide family housing for 30 days for inpatients’ families not from the Atlanta area. I believe the goal is to provide family housing for all patient families for the duration of a patient’s stay.

Back