• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Johnson started for Memphis last night

His highlights are evidence that he's not a team player. He just took the ball at the top of the key and the post and just furiously dunked it with no thought to pass it.

#culture

#

I know the last couple of ACC and Cleveland St games sucked, but man that 08-09 season was such an exciting time to be a Deac.

His highlights are evidence that he's not a team player. He just took the ball at the top of the key and the post and just furiously dunked it with no thought to pass it.

#culture

#

I got a negrep from somebody who didn't get a sarcasm detector for Christmas: "Yeah, you're right. Highlights should only be examples of team basketball..."

James Johnson played his best game as a Grizzlie to date this evening.

14 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and 0 turnovers in 23 minutes. That's extremely solid bench production.

They had him as the post game interview and he made comments like (paraphrasing) "I was immature before and understand more now what it takes to be a professional" and "I have a child now and I realize I needed to get things together". He sounded like someone who has grown up a lot recently and is serious about the chance he has now.

He has the talent level to be a solid NBA player for the next 8-10 years. I hope that happens.

James Johnson played his best game as a Grizzlie to date this evening.

14 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 1 steal, 1 block and 0 turnovers in 23 minutes. That's extremely solid bench production.

They had him as the post game interview and he made comments like (paraphrasing) "I was immature before and understand more now what it takes to be a professional" and "I have a child now and I realize I needed to get things together". He sounded like someone who has grown up a lot recently and is serious about the chance he has now.

He has the talent level to be a solid NBA player for the next 8-10 years. I hope that happens.

But he has a neck tatt #badculture.

I love JJ

I love that guy. Hated that he couldn't get his shit together. Love the fact that he's grown up and realizes how good he can be.

Fuck you, Ron Wellman.

Double-double for JJ in 24 mins of playing time.

Interesting line. Looks like he had a bad night (4-13 shooting, fouled out in 24 min) and a great night at the same time.

13 pts (5-6 ft), 10 reb, 3 ast, 2 stl, 3 blks

Man, he's really doing some things.

I never understood the logic that JJ and JT were somehow not trying while at Wake yet were trying to get drafted. If you wanna get drafted high wouldn't you try harder? I think that team had some drama, bad coaching and ran into a Cleveland Steamer team that didn't miss from 3. I'd certainly take that lineup over the horseshit [Redacted] is shoveling now.

Nobody is saying they'd take this steaming pile of horse doodoo over that talent filled roster.

I never understood the logic that JJ and JT were somehow not trying while at Wake yet were trying to get drafted. If you wanna get drafted high wouldn't you try harder? I think that team had some drama, bad coaching and ran into a Cleveland Steamer team that didn't miss from 3. I'd certainly take that lineup over the horseshit [Redacted] is shoveling now.

heard from a poster recently there was a bynum situation

Nobody is saying they'd take this steaming pile of horse doodoo over that talent filled roster.

Dino was no K or Wooden but if you gave [Redacted] that roster I think they'd be lucky to make the NCAA. [Redacted] is that bad. Could you imagine what he would do if he saw JJ's neck tattoo?

Dino was no K or Wooden but if you gave [Redacted] that roster I think they'd be lucky to make the NCAA. [Redacted] is that bad. Could you imagine what he would do if he saw JJ's neck tattoo?

Can you imagine the look on Johnsons face once he realizes how dumb buzz is?
"JJ im taking you out of the game because you're too hot. You've hit too many 3's in a row. This is a team game son, not a JJ shows off his 3pt shooting ability game, show some culture JJ"
#bzzlogic

I was at this game. This is the game when Indiana had a ton of players ineligible due to illegal recruiting, so IU was playing walk-ons.

Remember the seen in the movie "Old School", when the little indian kid is about to 'spot' the huge black kid during a vault...that's what the last highlight reminds me of....This is one of my favorite JJ highlights. It's as if he actually felt bad about dunking on the kid.

The highlight at the 12 second mark was sick. Ish threw a lob and both LD and Teague went up simultaneously to get it. And JJ was on the other wing and easily could have dunked it too if those guys weren't there. The athleticism and talent we had on that team is a stark reminder of just how far away we are from being good again now.

Back