• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Harris promoted from Steelers practice squad

I have to admit it would be hilarious if Josh Harris pulled a Willie Parker on us as a Steeler.

Yeah, the question would be, if he somehow became a starter on a MNF game, would he name his high school or Wake?

Expecting him to play primarily on kickoff and in other special teams situations. He didnt play those in college, so that will be interesting to watch. He's fast & strong, but ST is all about execution and effort.

Maybe a carry or two if they're up by a bunch or down by some. Maybe Bell gets winded and Archer can't get anything going and they throw him a carry. They liked him enough during the preseason to hang onto him - so they saw something.

Wishing Josh the best.

One of the biggest problems for rookie running backs is they don't know how to pick up blitzes and the quarterback gets killed. Therefore, they don't get into the game unless they're going to actually get the ball via handoff or intended receiver. Josh hasn't had many (any) reps with the first team, further lessening the chance that he'll be in the backfield in anything not resembling a mop up role.

So I guess last year we officially had an NFL WR and RB

Yeah, the question would be, if he somehow became a starter on a MNF game, would he name his high school or Wake?

Maybe something like "Josh Harris. Myself." Or "Josh Harris. Weight room."

His intro is in the game preview on NFL.com - couldn't hear which school he named though since he fumbled the words.

Don't think Josh has ill feelings towards WFU. He was wearing a WFU hoodie around Pittsburgh last night and routinely tweets about the games and pulling for the guys. If he were upset, I think he would cut all ties.

Some discussion on the Fantasy Focus podcast about Josh Harris, with a minute or two conversation about him taking to Twitter his accusations against Wake coaches. Thinking he could actually be the handcuff to Bell, though.

Don't think Josh has ill feelings towards WFU. He was wearing a WFU hoodie around Pittsburgh last night and routinely tweets about the games and pulling for the guys. If he were upset, I think he would cut all ties.

Yeah he doesn't have a problem with the university, he does however loathe the majority of the previous coaching staff per discussions with him. He's a Lobo fan though.

Yeah he doesn't have a problem with the university, he does however loathe the majority of the previous coaching staff per discussions with him. He's a Lobo fan though.

lolwut.jpg

His intro is in the game preview on NFL.com - couldn't hear which school he named though since he fumbled the words.

This was meant as a light-hearted fumbling joke, definitely wasn't making light of Josh's stutter (which I had no idea about). Ribbing aside, I hope he catches on and tears it up should he get the opportunity.

I met Josh a couple of times, and he is a really good guy. He certainly was way emotional about his time at Wake, both in good ways and bad. But, I am glad he got called up!

Sorry if already posted, but the Steelers released Blount after his antics and promoted Josh Harris.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11897619/legarrette-blount-released-pittsburgh-steelers

Good for Josh Harris. I am always glad to see one of our guys make it in the pros. He could have been a good one if he had stayed healthy as he had the skills.

Campanaro has 6 receptions and 1 touchdown, Givens has 8 this year and 3 career touchdowns.and Tommy Bo is still playing some. In fact carried the ball more for the Jets than he did at Wake Forest.

Good for Josh Harris. I am always glad to see one of our guys make it in the pros. He could have been a good one if he had stayed healthy as he had the skills.

Campanaro has 6 receptions and 1 touchdown, Givens has 8 this year and 3 career touchdowns.and Tommy Bo is still playing some. In fact carried the ball more for the Jets than he did at Wake Forest.

Bohannon is out hurt for the year.

The previous staff did a lot right but no so much with Harris and Tommy Bo.

Back