• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Harris

Twitter is down, so it's a real dark day for Josh. ;)

Comin into the season Josh might have been my favorite player on the team, certainly the one i was most excitex about. He hasn't shown the toughness or attitude he should and i can only hope he looks in the mirror and decides he wants to be all he can be at wake forest. I honestly believe that if he decides to give it everything he can, he could still be one of the best we've ever seen here. It's up to him and whereever he ends up i wish him the best!!!

Comin into the season Josh might have been my favorite player on the team, certainly the one i was most excitex about. He hasn't shown the toughness or attitude he should and i can only hope he looks in the mirror and decides he wants to be all he can be at wake forest. I honestly believe that if he decides to give it everything he can, he could still be one of the best we've ever seen here. It's up to him and whereever he ends up i wish him the best!!!

It sounds like the coaches have all the cards. He can play two years at Wake or or sit out a year and play one more elsewhere. I would think he would stay, but again our coaches do not seem to play cards very well. For example, how we love to sit on the soft 17.

If Josh is going to be a constant distraction attitudingly by sulking, and twittering negative statements then a change of scenery would be best for both the program and himself. Pride aside, Josh needs to take the spring off from track and concentrate soley on football and maintaining his health while proving his durability. He is not only losing the trust of the coaches but the trust/respect of other players as well given that he can't be relied on. Committing to football 100% in the spring will go a long way to rebuilding that bridge.

YOU CANNOT GAME PLAN OR BASE YOUR OFFENSE AROUND AN UNRELIABLE SOURCE. Who in the world would hire an employee with unproven lasting potential, then promote that employee to a manager positon based on one week worth of work, overlook the employee's spotty attendance and failure to close out deals, and lastly build your companies expansion on this hit or miss employees perception of how good his ideas are and not his sustained performance?

Transferring to another school will not change his circumstance if his actions/problems come along with him. No college football team has the luxury of putting 2 perfect game plans together week in and week out. One based on if player (A) is healthy and the other based on if player (A) does not finish contest. This is why injuries doing the course of a game can be detrimental. Coaches don't game plan for injuries but merely pray that they don't happen. Josh get healthy, get proven, get respect, and lets get ready to gameplan next season.

I mean his hammy has nothing to do with toughness I don't think, it's just an injury that needs time to heal

Fact of the matter is being built like a beast and being fast don't make you a good back. You also need these things that Jroc doesn't have.

1. Heart/toughness
2. Ability to find the hole
3. Cutting ability
4. Willingness to not head for the sidelines every time.....See #1.

Too bad he wasn't willing to head for the sideline after his long run v. FSU when the staff tried to replace him with BP for a play or two. He might have missed little or no time had he come out for that next play.

Too bad he wasn't willing to head for the sideline after his long run v. FSU when the staff tried to replace him with BP for a play or two. He might have missed little or no time had he come out for that next play.

Stupid fucking move accentuated by a stupid fucking play call to run it again

Harris acted like an idiot on the one kick return, and then proceeded to act like a little child on the sidelines for the remainder of the game. He sat there sulking and pouting instead of standing up and cheering on his team in their comeback attempt.

He has 3 career games over 100 yards. In 11 of his 18 career games he's averaged less than 4 YPC. He's replaceable.

Harris acted like an idiot on the one kick return, and then proceeded to act like a little child on the sidelines for the remainder of the game. He sat there sulking and pouting instead of standing up and cheering on his team in their comeback attempt.

He has 3 career games over 100 yards. In 11 of his 18 career games he's averaged less than 4 YPC. He's replaceable.

Exactly. He was way overhyped going into this season.

It is actually very sad. How many players would love to have his physical assets!! If BP possessed his size and speed, he would have been an All-American.

I don't understand why the coaches allowed him to wave off the substitution.

Josh Harris is a good running back. I have yet to read a serious argument that shows what Grobe gains by "holding him back" or "keeping him in the doghouse." Hopefully he get's it together.

Let me take a shot at your question.

Grobe and Lobo has shown a lot of skill in building offensive game plans around unique talent. Barclay, Kenny Moore, Givens and others some to mind. The point that Grobe made is, how do I plan to utilize a back when I will not be sure he will play.

Twice this year the Doctors cleared Harris to play and he pulled himself out of the game because his hamstrings didn't feel right. I'm not challenging the injury, just noting facts.

The entire week, the coaching staff builds a plan around the players with the intent of using them a certain way. They pick plays and build the playbook with certain expectations. Then, the team actually only has about 3 practice days to put the plan together and practice on the field. To expect a back of Harris' caliber to play, build a game plan around him and then have him not play greatly impacts the entire team.

I can go into a lot more detail but as you most likely played football in high school you understand what I am talking about in terms of preparation. Just double the complexity for college.

Thus, Harris is not in the doghouse, he is in the unreliable category so much so that it is better to play Reynolds than wait for one or two carries by Harris to know whether the weeks worth of work was worth anything.

Back