• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Harris

Let me take a shot at your question.

Grobe and Lobo has shown a lot of skill in building offensive game plans around unique talent. Barclay, Kenny Moore, Givens and others some to mind. The point that Grobe made is, how do I plan to utilize a back when I will not be sure he will play.

Twice this year the Doctors cleared Harris to play and he pulled himself out of the game because his hamstrings didn't feel right. I'm not challenging the injury, just noting facts.

The entire week, the coaching staff builds a plan around the players with the intent of using them a certain way. They pick plays and build the playbook with certain expectations. Then, the team actually only has about 3 practice days to put the plan together and practice on the field. To expect a back of Harris' caliber to play, build a game plan around him and then have him not play greatly impacts the entire team.

I can go into a lot more detail but as you most likely played football in high school you understand what I am talking about in terms of preparation. Just double the complexity for college.

Thus, Harris is not in the doghouse, he is in the unreliable category so much so that it is better to play Reynolds than wait for one or two carries by Harris to know whether the weeks worth of work was worth anything.

I think that is a compelling argument.

Thanks.

Let me also note that several of our most famous Deacs, have had chats with Grobe about whether or not they should stay at Wake. Josh Adams, Kenny Moore and others have been told to consider moving on unless they feel ready to dedicate some serious time to being the team player they need to be.

He challenges them because he knows that the ranks are so thin, the margin of error so small, that all would be better off unless they can be reliable.

I really hope that Harris decides to stay and dedicate himself to football and being a player who can be reliable. If he does, he could produce two great years at Wake.

Thanks.

Let me also note that several of our most famous Deacs, have had chats with Grobe about whether or not they should stay at Wake. Josh Adams, Kenny Moore and others have been told to consider moving on unless they feel ready to dedicate some serious time to being the team player they need to be.

He challenges them because he knows that the ranks are so thin, the margin of error so small, that all would be better off unless they can be reliable.

I really hope that Harris decides to stay and dedicate himself to football and being a player who can be reliable. If he does, he could produce two great years at Wake.

Indeed...one chat coming up soon will be between Chris Barclay and Josh Harris and Orville Reynolds...Harris has never been suspended while at Wake, Barclay was. Barclay will talk to these two about chemistry, the need for two backs to succeed and the idea of the two of them rooming together and pushing one another. He will talk about his own growth as a man and will impress upon Josh to "push through" this phase of personal development just the way he pushes 450 pounds up off a bench. He will push these two to challenge one another -- I'm certain Mike Campanaro will be an enthusiastic supporter of this inter-competition and I would have he and Sherman Ragland doing the same

I mean his hammy has nothing to do with toughness I don't think, it's just an injury that needs time to heal

Completely agree with this. Hamstrings can take forever to heal depending on the severity of the injury. I injured mine badly running track in college and it took about 6 months of rehab to get back to normal.

Completely agree with this. Hamstrings can take forever to heal depending on the severity of the injury. I injured mine badly running track in college and it took about 6 months of rehab to get back to normal.

I agree with this as well. I also think that Josh tried to come back sooner than the hammy wanted him to come back and he appeared to be "not tough" by taking himself back out when he realized the hammy wasn't ready.

Im not a fan of how this situation has been handled. I think he should have been given an oppurtunity to do some things on the field once he was fully recovered. I watched the Virginia game and saw them use #25, #33 & #10 very effectively. There is no reason Jroc could not have been a part of the rotation in the bowl game especially because we are thin at RB for 2012.

A lot of that was probably emotions. I'm sure he has had a talk with his family and coaches and is ready to move on.

Well, this is kinda awesome. I'm sure someone posted this a while back while I wasn't around.

DeionSanders DeionSanders

@JoshHarris25 I had a sandwich n sweet ice tea ready to watch u do yo thang. U know I'm hot! BUT don't make a decision while ur emotional.

Is it creepy, suspicious, or just good that Deion Sanders seems to have this fatherly mentor relationship with all sorts of young football players in the Dallas area?

Dez Bryant is one that comes to mind, and now he's tweeting Josh too? I'm sure there have been many others.

Is it creepy, suspicious, or just good that Deion Sanders seems to have this fatherly mentor relationship with all sorts of young football players in the Dallas area?

Dez Bryant is one that comes to mind, and now he's tweeting Josh too? I'm sure there have been many others.

JRoc is best friends with Deion Sanders Jr. they are always tweeting at each other and supposedly Jr. wants to come to Wake but we haven't offered him

Weird that Josh deleted the tweet but ACC Sports retweeted it

ACC Sports @ACCSports

Giddyup RT @JoshHarris25: @ACCSports I'm ready for track season & spring ball at WF.

JRoc is best friends with Deion Sanders Jr. they are always tweeting at each other and supposedly Jr. wants to come to Wake but we haven't offered him

Is it a case where we don't want his father around our football program?

You know Deion runs a big youth football program, right? Not being a smartass, serious question.

You know Deion runs a big youth football program, right? Not being a smartass, serious question.

Didn't know that, thanks. I just see his name mentioned with all these kids, and he's pretty active on twitter, so I figured something had to be up.

Back