• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Josh Howard Blog

Why focus on a scholarship in Skip Prosser's name when you can make national anthem jokes?

Josh's fairly mainstream left viewpoints just get brutalized, when they're actually more moderate than most of the lefty posters' on here. He was a hero of mine growing up for having the guts to say some of the stuff he did - reported and unreported.

At the end of the day, Wake fans don't deserve Josh Howard. They really don't. He's an awesome person - an excellent representative of this university - who has unfortunately become another victim of the "culture"-era.

At the end of the day, Wake fans don't deserve Josh Howard. They really don't. He's an awesome person - an excellent representative of this university - who has unfortunately become another victim of the "culture"-era.

So the culture era is the fans' fault?

So the culture era is the fans' fault?

It's co-constituted by AD and the fans. If the fanbase doesn't buy-in to the culture nonsense, then [Redacted] would not have made it this far. It took many at least three years to become BuzzOut, and there is still a lunatic, but influential fringe of BuzzIn.

The old guard has never liked Josh Howard, though, at least not in my experience... Even some of the more enlightened fans on here have their reservations about JHo, and I'm pretty sure that none of them have ever met the man.

So old fart Bz-In Wellman lap dog Wake fans don't deserve Josh Howard then. Okay I'm with you there.

Josh's fairly mainstream left viewpoints just get brutalized, when they're actually more moderate than most of the lefty posters' on here. He was a hero of mine growing up for having the guts to say some of the stuff he did - reported and unreported.

I'm an old fart but I still think Josh is great. However, you are wrong to blame his reputation on the "culture" era. He was roasted on the boards long before the culture era. Others, including CP and Duncan have been trashed on this and the prior boards for years. I blame it more on the anonymity of the boards bringing out the worst in people. The vast majority of Wake fans, who are incidentally are not on these boards, support our former stars and fully "deserve" them.

I'm an old fart but I still think Josh is great. However, you are wrong to blame his reputation on the "culture" era. He was roasted on the boards long before the culture era. Others, including CP and Duncan have been trashed on this and the prior boards for years. I blame it more on the anonymity of the boards bringing out the worst in people. The vast majority of Wake fans, who are incidentally are not on these boards, support our former stars and fully "deserve" them.

Couldn't agree more.

No, but the Josh Howard jokes have gotten a little old over time.

Guy was a fantastic player for us. What's more is that anyone who's ever met him knows what a genuinely nice and good guy he is. He's done a lot for the community since he turned pro.

Yet, he continues to get criticized for stupid shit. He was right about the Iraq war, he made a joke about the national anthem (one that I thought was funny), and he smokes weed (something that should be legal).

We get it. That stuff has been made fun of and commented on ad nausem. Any joke made about it now is lame and stupid. Unless you think being the thousandth person to repeat the same joke makes you funny.

It would be nice to have one thread about J-Ho without that stuff being mentioned, but I know that's a pipe dream.

Ok. Rant over.

+1

I'd like to see one example of Duncan being trashed on this board. Agree with the rest though.

Josh Howard was the shit. His senior year was insane.

The Duncan criticisms have pretty much stopped. There used to be some "he doesn't give enough" or "why doesn't he wear more Wake gear" talk on the old board.

The Duncan criticisms have pretty much stopped. There used to be some "he doesn't give enough" or "why doesn't he wear more Wake gear" talk on the old board.

That was from the Paul sniffers. That always made me laugh.

Yeah. The fact that Paul is from the Winston area was lost on them.

Yeah. The fact that Paul is from the Winston area was lost on them.

Giving to Wake and the Winston community are two different things. Paul does both. Howard does both. They don't have to. I love all three guys, FWIW.

Yeah but Paul and Howard were more likely to come back to the area in the offseason and be involved. Of course, Duncan's offseasons have typically been much shorter than their offseasons and he's probably been more tired.

Duncan gave two ACC Championships. Hard to beat that level of giving.

Last edited:
I'd like to see one example of Duncan being trashed on this board. Agree with the rest though.

Josh Howard was the shit. His senior year was insane.

Only criticism I recall was that he was never fully in on opening a Carribean-themed rstaurant in the Dash that was going to play off of his local notoriety. Smart move on his part to stay away from that, as celebrity restaurants are at best risky and he certainly doesn't need the $$.

Wow. I hadn't thought about that in years. I wonder how far along those plans went.

Yeah but Paul and Howard were more likely to come back to the area in the offseason and be involved. Of course, Duncan's offseasons have typically been much shorter than their offseasons and he's probably been more tired.

Duncan gave two ACC Championships. Hard to beat that level of giving.

CP's offseason was much busier than Tim's last summer with the Olympics. I love Tim as much as anyone, but we don't need to make excuses for him. Up to this point he has chosen not to really give back to Wake, as he has his reasons. That's his prerogative, and he doesn't really owe us anything.

I think the Duncan criticisms started before Paul went pro. I'll also add the disclaimer that I love all 3 of those guys.

I'd like to see a correlation between opinions on Bz and opinions on Josh.

Back