• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Journal Article- Clemson Game Edition

Devin sounds a little like Richard Sherman.... "He didn't do anything" and "I didn't see any effectiveness from him." Really? I'd much rather you say something innocuous like "He's a really good player," and "I didn't play as well as I would have liked, but give him credit." You don't have to admit he got the better of you, but you also don't have to say he isn't any good and didn't do anything. Coach ought to teach that to the players.....

Devin sounds a little like Richard Sherman.... "He didn't do anything" and "I didn't see any effectiveness from him." Really? I'd much rather you say something innocuous like "He's a really good player," and "I didn't play as well as I would have liked, but give him credit." You don't have to admit he got the better of you, but you also don't have to say he isn't any good and didn't do anything. Coach ought to teach that to the players.....

Bzzzz????? LOL

My Take On Wake - Clemson Game Edition

There is no conflict between humility and confidence. Of course Bz doesn't display that so why should his players. It is not weak to acknowledge that someone else is a good player or had a good game. And It certainly doesn't mean that you are scared or unwilling to compete.

We can all go back to the practice video where Bz is imploring his players to show the opponent 'NO RESPECT'! That is exactly what Devin is mirroring. Hard to fault Devin for acting immaturely when that is what he is being taught.

There is no conflict between humility and confidence. Of course Bz doesn't display that so why should his players. It is not weak to acknowledge that someone else is a good player or had a good game. And It certainly doesn't mean that you are scared or unwilling to compete.

We can all go back to the practice video where Bz is imploring his players to show the opponent 'NO RESPECT'! That is exactly what Devin is mirroring. Hard to fault Devin for acting immaturely when that is what he is being taught.

Good post.

there is seriously a practice video where Bz is telling the players to show "no respect" to their opponents?

#culturechange

Alright fine he could have worded it better and shown some respect to his opponent, granted. But, Devin is a passionate competitor and I'd rather have him deny that his opponent got the better of him than admit, like his coach did for him, that he can't compete with the likes of Nnoko. Yes its not an either or, but when the coach openly states that he got played how do you expect the kid to react. Bz showed no respect to Travis or Devin in this presser...the players can't turn around and give it back to their own coach so they take it out on their opponents.

BTW, What the fuck happened to the Humble and Hungry tag line?

At least Devin didn't throw the football team favorite out there... "they just wanted it more than we did."

there is seriously a practice video where Bz is telling the players to show "no respect" to their opponents?

#culturechange

I think he's gone off on similar rants several times, but here's a direct quote to the media after a 11-point loss to NCSU:

“You know what, there’s an old saying in the NBA: you give respect by showing no respect…you give respect by showing no respect. And you all can figure out what that phrase really means. Last time we played N.C. State we did not respect them because we didn’t play hard and we didn’t compete. That’s a heck of a statement for a coach to make, but that’s the truth. I remember Michael Jordan saying one time that he’s had some rookies play him where they didn’t want to touch him, they feared him and didn’t guard him. And Michael said, ‘You’re not even respecting me because you won’t compete against me, you see.’ But if you get somebody out there who’s just battling and giving everything you’ve got and still you come up short, you know what? Doesn’t your opponent respect you? So you give respect by showing no respect…you go out there and you battle.” [Redacted] 2/4/2012

For those who are unaware of the context; Bz was gloating here because the same team had been beaten by 36 earlier in the same season by NC State at the joel.

That makes no sense at all. He might as well be speaking Serbian.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

it's disrespectful to not play hard against someone or a team that is usually dominant. i guess?

Here's a good 2 minute clip to watch:

"I will say this, this is not dirty"

I watched and had two immediate questions

1) how the fuck did this man get to the elite levels of basketball coaching?
2) who the fuck would buy that video?

Championship Productions, eh? How inappropriate.

Who doesn't like watching an uncharismatic 5'8" guy teaching random players how to front?

Back