• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

JP Mundy on Banner

First time Mundy's ever written anything that didn't make me want to punch him in the mouth.

Using that USC and Texas quote was dumb though. This thing has been planned for weeks, long before Kiffin was fired or Dodds announced his retirement. I guess Mundy had a minimum words requirement.

"If fans truly believe what is happening at Texas and Southern Cal somehow justifies their demand for change at Wake Forest, they're too far gone to be reasoned with at this point," he said. "They fail to see the inherent differences in expectations at each program."

This shit pisses me off. Forget fans being LOWF, the entire media is LOWF about us. Mark Packer, Joe Ovies, etc. Not to mention Ovies gets his talking points primarily from two or three Wake sources (TITSWF and probably these boards).

Where is the silent majority that the media keep referring to?

I'm 37 years old and all 15 or so people from Wake I'm still in contact with are 100% anti [Redacted] and near 100% anti Wellman, most of which do not read or post on this board.

Just curious if anyone here has friends or acquintances who are still "wait and see" on our Athletics situation right now?

Ovie is dead ass wrong about this being a minority of fans.

I'm 37 years old and all 15 or so people from Wake I'm still in contact with are 100% anti [Redacted] and near 100% anti Wellman, most of which do not read or post on this board.

Just curious if anyone here has friends or acquintances who are still "wait and see" on our Athletics situation right now?

Not really fair to count the dead as silent.

I think I could count the people that support Wellman and Bzzz on my fingers and toes at this point.

lol I know. Im in my late, late 20's. 4 weeks ago I got my car washed in WS. There was a much older gentleman sitting next to me on the bench in a Wake cap. I cautiously asked him what he thought about Wake Athletics and it took him about 3 minutes before he used profanity. I never posted anything about it because it's mainly irrelevant but also because I figured we were both probably posters seeing how vehement he was about this whole regime. There was also another Wake guy there (in a wake cap) in his early 40's who briefly participated but was visibly pissed by the tone of our conversation and mainly withheld his opinion. Bottom line, honestly, the older gentleman was easily 75 years old. I doubt he is playing around on the internet. i doubt he even knows the billboard or anti bzz and wellman websites exist unless there WS paper has covered it. i honestly think he is pissed just based off what he has seen with his own eyes on tv.

The only minority is the well connected (though well is a bad adjective considering what they are connected to) who abhor criticism.

22890, You make a good point about how pissed we are about the media's LOWF attitude. They never talk about the sales job that Wellman and Grobe give us and then ask us to write them a check. That's why were pissed! Grobe went on and on about this new offense and it was shown to be a disaster in the spring game, which was sold as a show case of our dominant defense. It was shown at BC to be a stinker and he didn't change a thing until the last 2 minutes of ULM. It stunk through the first 41 minutes of ARMY. And finally it's the "we're not blaming the players....." crap. We're tired of being played for suckers. Why don't they print that!

"If fans truly believe what is happening at Texas and Southern Cal somehow justifies their demand for change at Wake Forest, they're too far gone to be reasoned with at this point," he said. "They fail to see the inherent differences in expectations at each program."

This shit pisses me off. Forget fans being LOWF, the entire media is LOWF about us. Mark Packer, Joe Ovies, etc. Not to mention Ovies gets his talking points primarily from two or three Wake sources (TITSWF and probably these boards).

This line just makes no sense at all. Lane Kiffin didn't have a losing season at USC. Mack Brown has had one. We're in the midst of what will almost certainly be Jim Grobe's 8th losing season at Wake Forest. His 5th straight. A coach with that record would never have lasted even remotely close to this long at Texas or Southern California. A different bar is being used, and it should be used. But Jim Grobe isn't even measuring up to that.

Mundy is just a lazy ass writer who always pulls quotes from 3 or 4 other journalists that run in the same circle as himself.

He asked Ovies for a quote and printed it. That's, that.

Last edited:
This line just makes no sense at all. Lane Kiffin didn't have a losing season at USC. Mack Brown has had one. We're in the midst of what will almost certainly be Jim Grobe's 8th losing season at Wake Forest. His 5th straight. A coach with that record would never have lasted even remotely close to this long at Texas or Southern California. A different bar is being used, and it should be used. But Jim Grobe isn't even measuring up to that.

Oh crap yes, if these last 5 years had been 6-6 or better, you'd hear no real talk of replacing Grobe. At USC and Texas, 5 years of around 6-6 pr 7-5 and well, it wouldn't even last 5 years. To compare our situation with those is stupid.

120 FBS schools. We are one of 19.

Wake Forest, Duke, and Eastern Michigan are the only FBS schools returning a head football coach who hasn't posted a winning record in the last 4 seasons.

In total, 19 schools are coming off 4 straight seasons without a winning record. All except for Wake, Duke, and Eastern Michigan have hired a new coach. Most replaced their coach after 3 straight seasons without a winning record.

Only 5 other BCS schools are coming off 4 seasons without a winning record (by their conference in 2009):

Big XII – Kansas, Colorado
Big Ten – Indiana, Minnesota
Pac-10 – Washington State

Not a single SEC or Big East/AAC team is coming off of 4 straight seasons without a winning record.

Here is the list of other programs, their current coaches, and when they were hired:
Akron - Terry Bowden hired for 2012 season
New Mexico - Bob Davie hired for 2012 season
Memphis - Justin Fuentes hired for 2012 season
New Mexico State - Doug Martin hired for 2013 season
Washington State - Mike Leach hired for 2012 season
UNLV - Bobby Hauck hired for 2010 season
Tulane - Curtis Johnson hired for 2012 season
Kansas - Charlie Weis hired for 2012 season
Colorado - Mike MacIntyre hired for 2013 season
FAU - Carl Pelini hired for 2012 season
Colorado State - Jim McElwain hired for 2012 season
Indiana - Kevin wilson hired for 2011 season
Buffalo - Jeff Quinn hired for 2010 season (replaced Turner Gill who left for Kansas)
UAB - Garrick McGee hired for 2012 season
Minnesota - Jerry Kill hired for 2011 season
UTEP - Sean Kruger hired for 2012 season

As always, any corrections or recommendations are appreciated.

why do we have complete dolts like the stratt brothers and mundy trying to represent the fanbase

Why not compare us to Uconn? They should have lower expectations and just fired their coach.

Back