• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Judge Moore accused of sexually assaulting/pursuing underage girls in his 30s

How many elections do you need to lose before you admit this is bullshit? Conservatives vote for Republicans. What imaginary electorate do you believe this strategy is for. Do you not find it odd that these imaginary moderate voters never show up?

...except yesterday...and when Barry O ran...and Billy C

How many elections do you need to lose before you admit this is bullshit? Conservatives vote for Republicans. What imaginary electorate do you believe this strategy is for. Do you not find it odd that these imaginary moderate voters never show up?

Wait, do you think had the Dems run someone further left in Alabama they would have done better?

I honestly don't know what MDMH is arguing

Nationally or in Alabama?

Moderate voters yesterday helped swing the election - look at the difference between the moderate votes in the last few Senate elections and last night.

I think your theory sucks at a local level, especially in a state like Alabama. Maybe it's the exception that proves the rule nationally but, again, to criticize Democrats for Jones and picking up a Senate seat in fricking Alabama is insane.

honesty, i think he's saying this was a bizarre situation where a traditional candidate only won because the opponent was so terrible regular rules apply.

if Dems continue to play by the rules they'll continue to get beaten as they have for years

From yesterday's exit polls (not perfect but fine for ballpark): Moderates = 31% of the electorate and 74% voted for Jones.

Jones won by a thin margin. Moderates voting for Jones clearly helped him win.

honesty, i think he's saying this was a bizarre situation where a traditional candidate only won because the opponent was so terrible regular rules apply.

if Dems continue to play by the rules they'll continue to get beaten as they have for years

While he also criticizes the Democrats for how they ran this campaign and selecting Jones. I don't disagree with anything in your post here ITC, but I definitely disagree with criticizing Jones and the Democrats for this go around.

How is running far left candidates going to be a winning strategy in Alabama? Or other Red States? Where are the votes going to come from if you lose the swing voters?

yeah, i just think the take away is "run better candidates and better campaigns and do better with GOTV" but to each their own

Geez. Jones isn't an Ossoff.

yeah, i just think the take away is "run better candidates and better campaigns and do better with GOTV" but to each their own

Yep which is exactly what the Democrats did. This is why parties should never punt elections. Democrats could've seen this special election in Alabama and thought "there's no way in hell we win," nobody worthwhile runs and the Democrats end up with a pretty shitty candidate for a state-wide election. Moore brought the loss upon himself, but Jones contributed to the win by being a good candidate.

Basically wants everyone to suck his small limp super left cock to get him hard enough to vote for the candidates that are put forth by the democratic party. If you are not willing to bend to his will and strategy then hes going to sit an play with himself while the world burns.

Doug Jones is one of my best friends and he ran a great campaign here. There was something interesting to watch in this election. Very few people had Roy Moore yard signs, as if they didn't want anyone to know that they intended to vote for that asshole. Tons of Doug Jones signs in yards.

I honestly don't know what MDMH is arguing
That Democrats should actually be progressive, and focus their campaigns on improving the material circumstances of the most vulnerable citizens. It's quite a scandalous opinion, apparently.

Basically wants everyone to suck his small limp super left cock to get him hard enough to vote for the candidates that are put forth by the democratic party. If you are not willing to bend to his will and strategy then hes going to sit an play with himself while the world burns.
Great timing for that lazy-ass metaphor.
Take a guess how much these guys are getting paid.
25737b4a4f6e81e642724b1dcc312b7d.jpg

Doug Jones is one of my best friends and he ran a great campaign here. There was something interesting to watch in this election. Very few people had Roy Moore yard signs, as if they didn't want anyone to know that they intended to vote for that asshole. Tons of Doug Jones signs in yards.

Congratulations to your friend. Give him our best.

Wait we have two Birdmans from Alabama on these boards?

ETA: Congrats on the win. I told the other birdman last night...thank you for doing the country a solid.

You don't think if a bill to increase pay for Firefighters was put forth by democrats that Doug Jones wouldn't sign off on it. Your world is so black and white its crazy. Doug Jones was the perfect candidate to run in Alabama, the candidate would be different for California, different for Ohio, and so forth. Put up a candidate that is good for the particular race, fund them, drive GOTV and see what happens. You know who wouldn't win Alabama right now, a super liberal progressive candidate. Yet Doug Jones won, maybe giving hope to some people their vote did matter and they will come back to vote some more local races, and the next election, and then slowly the state can put up someone more liberal. However thats not now now now, we need the super progressive now, cry cry cry.

If yesterday's Alabama Senate race had been a House election, the Republicans, who got *fewer* votes, would have won 6 out of 7 seats, and the Democrats, who *won* the vote statewide, only 1 out of 7. That's how gerrymandered Alabama is.
25289374_10154848299540216_2992369197179841921_n.jpg

Just like Dems have gerrymandered MD, and Dems used to do in VA, and Pubs have been doing more recently in VA. There is an organization called One Virginia that has been trying to end gerrymandering and successfully challenged 1 of the districts here - it used to be 8-3 Pub in the house, and since that redrawing, it's now 7-4. If the house stays close to 50/50 in 2020, I'm hopeful that both sides will be persuaded to redrawing of the map in a less discriminatory fashion. But I won't hold my breath.

As for your map there, lemme guess, that upper right appendage of the 7th is there to include the city of Birmingham but not much else, right?

Back