• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just Don't Understand...

djev336

Reaction score
As a life long Wake fan and supporter of everything Wake Forest, I have been very offended with all of this BuzzIn - BuzzOut BS. I don't take a side on this because these are the facts. Some will call me a Buzz Apologist or BuzzInner, but Coach Buzz came in to an impossible situation. If you are telling me that Dino would've done better with the last two seasons you guys are out of your mind. If you don't have great players, it's hard to beat good teams or any D1 team for that matter. Along with already having a deficiency in talent, the players that could've contributed to the program were making headlines for all of the wrong reasons. Tony Woods, JT Terrel, Melvin Tabb, and the latest subtraction from the program who was a total bust, Ty Walker were all dismissed from the program. Simply put, Buzz hasn't had an elite player to coach yet and has been coaching a team that talent-wise belongs in the Southern Conference. He has had to deal with players playing out of position (CJ Harris is not a true PG and never will be), kicking out kids that he didn't recruit and should've never been recruited to Wake based on character (Not including Tony Woods in this because that situation was way overblown and happened in a split second), players playing meaningful minutes that aren't ready, and #1, not having enough talent to win games at the upper D1 level.

Dino Gaudio even said it himself in a recent interview on "The Drive." He simply summed it up with a quote from Skip, "The team with the most pros wins." The Wake teams from the past two years doesn't have a single guy that is a lock to play in the NBA. The facts are this; JJ & Jeff Teague put Wake in an impossible situation by leaving so soon. Wake was caught off guard and didn't have enough time to bring in reinforcements. The players are starting to come in and Wake will no doubt get back on track as long as they can get players that will be pros or players that compliment the stars and play roles.

The BuzzOuters constantly criticized Coach Bz over not being able to recruit. Newsflash, he may know what the heck he is doing. Once BzOuts realized that, they found other ways to pick on the coach. People criticize him over his socks, ties, and the car he drives. People make light of pictures of him shaking his head or fretting. The fact that he is shaking his head from side to side or showing any emotion means that the guy cares. It's just plain slanderous and ridiculous to put everything on a coach that hasn't had time to get a full class of recruits in and was left with basically nothing except for CJ Harris and Travis. If anyone deserves the criticism, it is Wellman. It should be Wellman-In or Wellman-Out if you wanna pick sides. Wellman should've let Dino coach the team last year and then can Dino after last year. Coach Bz is just an innocent bystander to this situation and has unfairly been portrayed as an awful coach and awkward individual.

To conclude, all of the negative comments about Coach Bz make me sick. I'm sure there are jokes and jabs coming, especially since I am a first time poster. If you agree, then you agree, if you disagree, please understand that if you don't have the players, you can't win the games. It baffles me as to how such a large segment of the online Wake fan base can not realize that the coach doesn't play the game, make a shot, grab a rebound, or any other function of a player. Coach Buzz hasn't had the players and has had to work with what he was given. He was left with very little and its shown. Buzz has his first true class coming in next season. Those guys will have to mature just like any other Freshmen, but I look for Wake to be a lot more competitive next season and in the future. GoDeacs! That is all..

Bzz would completely agree, it's all the players fault. and Dino's fault. It's all the players and Dino's fault.

Newsflash, he may know what the heck he is doing. Once BzOuts realized that, they found other ways to pick on the coach. People criticize him over his socks, ties, and the car he drives. People make light of pictures of him shaking his head or fretting

No, I pick on him because he's a shit coach who blames his players for every loss and has completely decimated a fan base. He is boring - he is mundane. He makes most fans completely apathetic. Skip Prosser wasn't the greatest X's and O's coach, struggled with the defense, probably didn't take advantage of having one of the best point guards to ever play the game - but hell, at least he got the campus and the fan base ramped up every game, every year. All [Redacted] does - well according to him - is take jobs that no one wants and then... wait for it, leaves just before the team turns the corner. Ironic.

A coach is only as good as the talent he has. There is no way you can win against a team with more talent.

Signed,
John Groce
Shaka Smart,
and any coach not named [Redacted]

Maybe this will help you understand:

Jeff [Redacted] head coaching record

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
UMBC Retrievers (NCAA Division I Independent) (1986–1988)
1986–87 UMBC 12–16
1987–88 UMBC 13–15
UMBC: 25–31
Air Force Falcons (Mountain West Conference) (2005–2007)
2005–06 Air Force 24–7 12–4 2nd NCAA Tournament 1st Round
2006–07 Air Force 26–9 10–6 T–3rd NIT Semifinal
Air Force: 50–16 22–10
Colorado Buffaloes (Big 12 Conference) (2007–2010)
2007–08 Colorado 12–20 3–13 12th
2008–09 Colorado 9–22 1–15 12th
2009–10 Colorado 15–16 6–10 8th
Colorado: 36–58 10–38
Wake Forest Demon Deacons (Atlantic Coast Conference) (2010–present)
2010–11 Wake Forest 8–24 1–15 12th
2011–12 Wake Forest 13–18 4–12 T-9th
Wake Forest: 21–42 5–27

Total: 132–147

As a life long Wake fan and supporter of everything Wake Forest, I have been very offended with all of this BuzzIn - BuzzOut BS. I don't take a side on this because these are the facts. Some will call me a Buzz Apologist or BuzzInner, but Coach Buzz came in to an impossible situation. If you are telling me that Dino would've done better with the last two seasons you guys are out of your mind. If you don't have great players, it's hard to beat good teams or any D1 team for that matter. Along with already having a deficiency in talent, the players that could've contributed to the program were making headlines for all of the wrong reasons. Tony Woods, JT Terrel, Melvin Tabb, and the latest subtraction from the program who was a total bust, Ty Walker were all dismissed from the program. Simply put, Buzz hasn't had an elite player to coach yet and has been coaching a team that talent-wise belongs in the Southern Conference. He has had to deal with players playing out of position (CJ Harris is not a true PG and never will be), kicking out kids that he didn't recruit and should've never been recruited to Wake based on character (Not including Tony Woods in this because that situation was way overblown and happened in a split second), players playing meaningful minutes that aren't ready, and #1, not having enough talent to win games at the upper D1 level.

Dino Gaudio even said it himself in a recent interview on "The Drive." He simply summed it up with a quote from Skip, "The team with the most pros wins." The Wake teams from the past two years doesn't have a single guy that is a lock to play in the NBA. The facts are this; JJ & Jeff Teague put Wake in an impossible situation by leaving so soon. Wake was caught off guard and didn't have enough time to bring in reinforcements. The players are starting to come in and Wake will no doubt get back on track as long as they can get players that will be pros or players that compliment the stars and play roles.

The BuzzOuters constantly criticized Coach Bz over not being able to recruit. Newsflash, he may know what the heck he is doing. Once BzOuts realized that, they found other ways to pick on the coach. People criticize him over his socks, ties, and the car he drives. People make light of pictures of him shaking his head or fretting. The fact that he is shaking his head from side to side or showing any emotion means that the guy cares. It's just plain slanderous and ridiculous to put everything on a coach that hasn't had time to get a full class of recruits in and was left with basically nothing except for CJ Harris and Travis. If anyone deserves the criticism, it is Wellman. It should be Wellman-In or Wellman-Out if you wanna pick sides. Wellman should've let Dino coach the team last year and then can Dino after last year. Coach Bz is just an innocent bystander to this situation and has unfairly been portrayed as an awful coach and awkward individual.

To conclude, all of the negative comments about Coach Bz make me sick. I'm sure there are jokes and jabs coming, especially since I am a first time poster. If you agree, then you agree, if you disagree, please understand that if you don't have the players, you can't win the games. It baffles me as to how such a large segment of the online Wake fan base can not realize that the coach doesn't play the game, make a shot, grab a rebound, or any other function of a player. Coach Buzz hasn't had the players and has had to work with what he was given. He was left with very little and its shown. Buzz has his first true class coming in next season. Those guys will have to mature just like any other Freshmen, but I look for Wake to be a lot more competitive next season and in the future. GoDeacs! That is all..

Kind of what I've been saying, only not as eloquently. Again before you bash me, I am a Buzz Wait and See not a Buzz In. I really don't see how one could take a firm stand on the issue until at least 3 seasons are completed. Most coaches get at least 3 seasons and a lot of them don't start as far down as we were. Next year I will start moving into either the Buzz In or Buzz Out camp. djev336, don't sweat the criticisms; the people that started this board said it was a place where Wake fans could post freely. You have as much right as anyone else.

It is possible that the coach, the players, and the fans (us) all suck. I'm just saying it is possible.

Kind of what I've been saying, only not as eloquently. Again before you bash me, I am a Buzz Wait and See not a Buzz In. I really don't see how one could take a firm stand on the issue until at least 3 seasons are completed. Most coaches get at least 3 seasons and a lot of them don't start as far down as we were. Next year I will start moving into either the Buzz In or Buzz Out camp. djev336, don't sweat the criticisms; the people that started this board said it was a place where Wake fans could post freely. You have as much right as anyone else.

Don't straddle the fence, bro. Take it from me, I been telling people I'm a Kony-WaitAndSee and from the reactions I get, you'd think I was the guy's right hand man or something. Just the world we live in, no one wants to see shades of gray. SMH.

Hey djev. You're a dork. And you're an unfunny one at that. Why don't you, DaDeacs, deacvision, mydeaconmyhand, Deac65, and Milhouse and I guess this ChrisPaul3 character ( I probably left some out) and the rest of your 99 pound weakling club all go back to playing Dungeons and Dragons and watching Star Trek reruns? I am sick of you little dorks posting your cutie little posts when I am not provoking them in any way. It's just irritating and obnoxious the way an insect is when it's flying around my face.

I'm glad for you that you guys finally have some status and power in your lives through your online personalities. You can act like complete jerks and not have to worry about guys like me pounding you in the ground to teach you a lesson. That must be quite a feeling for you to finally feel like somebody. I know what kind of guys you are, but I really don't want to have to waste my time calling you out. You're just obnoxious, unfunny, irritating, nerdy, dorky little pipsqueaks and it's pretty obvious I'm sick of you. I don't care whether you disagreed with me on another thread or not. Leave it back there. You are coming across like unfunny, dorky, little punks.

Now get your dorky little retorts ready. You have to stand up for your little online personas. It's the only place in life you've ever really had any status. You are finally one of the big boys and not the nerdy little dude that can't hang with the in crowds.

Oh, and don't forget your usual retort methods now. Step number one is to scan my post and look for contradictions. Oh you guys love contradictions. That's the first step that comes naturally for you. You can almost always find one in a post or series of posts or you can at the very least twist something into looking like a contradiction. You guys spend all day at your computers looking for them in posts. You get a little rush from finding them. When you find one, you pounce. What studs you are. Oh, and the jackpot is when you can find some irony. Now that gives you goosebumps. And finally, you work on how you will disagree. Now this takes some effort. What you typically do here is exaggerate and use hyperbole. Let's see, such as "Nominated for stupidest post of the year!" or "You must be a parody poster" or "You can't possibly be serious so you must be just joking!" etc. You can come up with them. It doesn't take much but you must use them because you think it helps prove your side. It's childish and boring.

I know I have the ignore button and I'm now using it for you guys. I'm sure you dudes have been ignored by alot of folks over the course of your lives. Personally, I think it's weak to get yourself a little online persona and post things and cuts at people that you would never say to their faces. You may say you would, but we all know you wouldn't. First, most people - and probably even you guys - want to be liked. So you wouldn't make your little jerk comments to people's faces because you wouldn't want them to think you're a jerk and not like you. That's normal and that's why people are generally nice to each other. Second, you wouldn't want to take the risk that a guy like me might resent your jerky comment enough that we would feel inspired to make sure you understood that people don't like that kind of stuff. You would be scared. That's normal too. I guess some people feel the need to to morph into something they are not as their online persona. It gives them a chance to finally be tough and cool and powerful and they finally feel like they have some sort of status amongst a group of people. That is really sad.

Let's get something straight though. You dorks will be in denial of everything I have said although it's just dead on. And you won't learn your lesson because I can only use words to square you away. And your online persona has become too important to you. You need it for the reasons I have stated above. But know this: I don't care what you guys think about Obama's race or computers or any subject under the sun. I honestly don't and I haven't since I figured out your deal from watching you. Oh you guys each occasionally make a good post or a funny one, as everyone does. But you have ongoingly and unnecessarily made an effort to be funny and impress others at what you thought was my expense and it was unfunny and boring.

I'm sure I'll get hammered by plenty of you. Don't care. Yes my post is mean. But i'm just sick and tired of reading these boards and seing guys like them ruin threads with their dimwitted attacks. They, for the first time in their lives, get to pick on people instead of being the little nerd that always gets picked on. I know I keep repeating myself but dang that's sad. So I'm going to enjoy these boards because I should be able to without having to swat away these little insects. I'm a former Wake varsity athlete, a Deacon Club Board Member, and I have been a Wake fan since I was a kid. The first two mean little but the latter means I should get to read these boards and not have to deal with little dorks bugging me. I've posted and read these boards for several years and have never been controversial in any way. I'm not one of these guys that needs to so that you can draw attention to yourself. I don't care what you and your online personas think of me and this post. Now shoo.

Back