• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just Don't Understand...

What would be the point of bringing in a coach for 3 years to "clean up the program" only to bring in a new coach after that when that new coach will undoubtedly bring in his own basketball culture?

That would have been a terribly stupid plan.

Of course it is stupid, but all of the people who thought this was a good idea from the start are now grasping at straws.

Wellman overcorrected when moving from Dino to Bz. That is some real culture shock for the players having a buddy type to a headmaster type overnight no wonder some acted out and left. The unexpected problem is how badly Bz has flopped with the fans and media. There is no way to recover from the damage inflicted over the past two seasons no matter what Ron says in public. The real issue is timing and how to ensure the next coach is both successful and here for the long term.

Wellman overcorrected when moving from Dino to Bz. That is some real culture shock for the players having a buddy type to a headmaster type overnight no wonder some acted out and left. The unexpected problem is how badly Bz has flopped with the fans and media. There is no way to recover from the damage inflicted over the past two seasons no matter what Ron says in public. The real issue is timing and how to ensure the next coach is both successful and here for the long term.

Replace "overcorrected" with "made a huge, program killing fucking mistake" and I pretty much agree. At this point, it is just an exercise in finding the best way out of this shitty situation.

I'd start with boxing up his office and changing the locks.

Wellman certainly had the old board support to replace Odom and more recently to fire Dino now the uproar is 10x worse and the Joel is an empty pit. So I have to conclude Wellman will be forced to act whether he wants to or not.

What would be the point of bringing in a coach for 3 years to "clean up the program" only to bring in a new coach after that when that new coach will undoubtedly bring in his own basketball culture?

That would have been a terribly stupid plan.

Yep. But it is possible and a theory that I haven't heard anyone mention yet. It's more than likely not an accurate hypothesis though. Lol.

Wellman certainly had the old board support to replace Odom and more recently to fire Dino now the uproar is 10x worse and the Joel is an empty pit. So I have to conclude Wellman will be forced to act whether he wants to or not.

I concur.

Yep. This is looking to be the case. Sad time for WFU Bball.

Well. I'm glad that I posted this thread before all of the possible transfer developments came out today. It's looking like it might have been the last thread about buzz in buzz out. What sucks is that there really isn't a basis for the article that I had in mind. What was intended to be an objective piece on the bz in vs buzz out movement is more than likely looking like a summary of an impossible situation for the wrong man. And nobody wants to read that.. So many bzout points are proving to be believable now. Goodness. This is just plain bad.

Yeah didn't know all this transfer stuff was brewing. Bz needs to be gone. Personally, I would be glad to have Battle but a total housecleaning may be warranted.

Yeah didn't know all this transfer stuff was brewing. Bz needs to be gone. Personally, I would be glad to have Battle but a total housecleaning may be warranted.

If Battle even wants a part of this mess.

Back