• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just hard to believe

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Saw where Indiana got a big win over number 4 Iowa. Indiana is now 20-5. It seems like years ago since we beat Indiana and UCLA in Hawaii. Talk about teams going in opposite directions! I really thought we were going to be better than expected after Hawaii. Gotta wonder what went wrong!

Saw where Indiana got a big win over number 4 Iowa. Indiana is now 20-5. It seems like years ago since we beat Indiana and UCLA in Hawaii. Talk about teams going in opposite directions! I really thought we were going to be better than expected after Hawaii. Gotta wonder what went wrong!

Everybody is wondering the same thing. It would seem to be team chemistry. Something is terribly wrong and only DM knows. We might get an insight after the transfers this off season.

And we'll be used as a bad loss to explain why they're a 7 seed.

And we'll be used as a bad loss to explain why they're a 7 seed.

I don't personally think there was anything flukish about Wake's early season wins. They were playing good basketball and earned those wins. What the hell has happened?

Only DM knows for sure and he's not letting us in on it- his radio show answers are as vague as they can be. :(

I don't personally think there was anything flukish about Wake's early season wins. They were playing good basketball and earned those wins. What the hell has happened?

I agree. I thought they were playing really well.

Indiana has been a much better team since Blackmon hurt his knee. Their defense has improved by leaps & bounds since he went out. They lost a top scorer & got much better and appears Wake gained a top scorer & became much worse.

Those games may have been early enough in the season that a good scouting report on Wake wasn't yet evident. Now, teams realize that if you pick and roll and drive everything to the basket on every play, you will get either get easy lay-ups or fouls and FT attempts. I don't remember our defense being totally horrible in those games, and my guess is that was more on the opponents not exploiting our weaknesses than it was on Wake actually playing decent defense. Or maybe Trent Van Horn is really Wake's MVP.

I don't think DT's reaction to another losing streak is doing much to bring the team together. If he's calling everyone on the team selfish to the media - essentially for not running the offense through him enough - I'd expect there's some serious angst between the freshmen and him in the locker room. I also remember Childress talking about coaching Codi - how he learned quickly that getting on Codi and being tough with him had a disastrous effect. Codi's a really nice kid but not a leader. He's reserved, lacks confidence, needs to be in a positive environment. Have to think that whether his return is the cause of the team's meltdown or not (and I don't think it's all on him), he probably feels responsible and is pressing. I'm sure Devin calling out the freshmen makes him uncomfortable.

I think Manning knows that getting Devin into the NBA is important for recruiting. I also think he can't wait to move on from this mix of old guard and new and have a team that is 100% his guys.

A lot of people claim the pre-ACC season success was fool's gold and to an extent maybe so, but we don't even look like the same team is the thing. Even the first ACC game at Louisville, we played pretty well and pushed them and at home against Duke we played pretty well until the last 6 or 7 minutes. That seems to be the point where the wheels fell off as far as I'm concerned.

IU has a coach capable of recognizing and correcting problems and motivating players. We do not. Also, Ron Wellman.

IU has a coach capable of recognizing and correcting problems and motivating players. We do not. Also, Ron Wellman.

I think we should wear socks with RW on them to represent..... well couple of things. 1) the hiring of Bzzzzzz, it fits. 2) the weighted shackles our program has to drag around because of his sheer incompetence as an AD.

Don't forget, LSU is in the "others receiving votes" section of the polls

Yeah, how do you explain going on the road and beating a solid LSU team and yet we can't even beat shit teams on the road in the ACC?

We shot over 40% from deep against Indiana and got 20 points on almost 60% shooting from our 2 and 3 spots. Good times.

We shot over 40% from deep against Indiana and got 20 points on almost 60% shooting from our 2 and 3 spots. Good times.

I don't think they could do that now with you and I guarding them.

"Yeah, how do you explain going on the road and beating a solid LSU team and yet we can't even beat shit teams on the road in the ACC?"

Complete breakdown of team and an inexperienced, in over his head coach with no idea how to pull his team out of it.

"Yeah, how do you explain going on the road and beating a solid LSU team and yet we can't even beat shit teams on the road in the ACC?"

Complete breakdown of team and an inexperienced, in over his head coach with no idea how to pull his team out of it.

Certainly appears that way.

Back