• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just Overheard...

WRS

Reaction score
I'm at Alivia's in Durham enjoying some brews and sunshine. The crew behind me consists of a tOSU and Michigan fan. They are discussing Rutgers situation and the other guy with them says "maybe we can work out a package deal for our AD and coach". I turn to the guy and say "you MUST have gone to Wake Forest". Sure enough, guy was in school for Timmy D and Randolph.

It's just so sad that I knew exactly where the guy went to school as soon as I heard him say that.

Alivia's is overpriced. Nice patio though.

I was out at fullsteam for lunch today. Had a sandwich from Sympathy for the Deli. fucking delicious.

Alivia's is overpriced. Nice patio though.

I was out at fullsteam for lunch today. Had a sandwich from Sympathy for the Deli. fucking delicious.

Fullsteam is so choice, BBD. Only hitting Alivia's because it's a nice outdoor space and literally 2 minute walk from my place. Hard to beat that. PM me if you want to grab a beer at some point. Always a pleasure to meet local Deacs.

Man, I miss Durham.

lmao......that was me. Maybe I should start tossing into the conversation with fellow Wake fans, "Do you post on ogboards?" BTW, my friends and I liked when your gaggle of women showed up.

lmao......that was me. Maybe I should start tossing into the conversation with fellow Wake fans, "Do you post on ogboards?" BTW, my friends and I liked when your gaggle of women showed up.

Ha, I figured you posted here by your comments. The gaggle consisted of my college senior gf and her roommates. Figured you wouldn't mind :)

Ha, I figured you posted here by your comments. The gaggle consisted of my college senior gf and her roommates. Figured you wouldn't mind :)

We just minded that you moved to a bigger table.

There really are so few of us.

What the heck, can't invite the grass guy from around the corner? Y'all come by the DBAP some time.

I hate that every time I see a thread with a little like this I think it will be something about a board member saying Buzz has one more year or something that like. I need a hope lobotomy.

And I overheard the opposite at the gym last week- from an alum, who named his oldest child after two great Deacon basketball players...that [Redacted] needs a little more time to work with "his guys" and develop "his system" and no matter what "his record as a college basketball coach is better than any of the people complaining about him" and "Ron Wellman knows what he's doing, I trust that he is making decisions that are in the best interest of our program".

It just makes me sad.

And I overheard the opposite at the gym last week- from an alum, who named his oldest child after two great Deacon basketball players...that [Redacted] needs a little more time to work with "his guys" and develop "his system" and no matter what "his record as a college basketball coach is better than any of the people complaining about him" and "Ron Wellman knows what he's doing, I trust that he is making decisions that are in the best interest of our program".

It just makes me sad.

A record of 0-0 is better than a terrible record of 144-164

Back