• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Just saw Will Grier on campus...

Not sure if this means anything or not. I'm not expecting anything.

He is the UF quarterback that was suspended for a year for PEDs. He announced his transfer at the end of the season.

The Gators were left with Treon "Hot Garbage" Harris for the second half of the season.

He is the UF quarterback that was suspended for a year for PEDs. He announced his transfer at the end of the season.

The Gators were left with Treon "Hot Garbage" Harris for the second half of the season.

So why would we want him?

Because before the suspension he was taking the Gators from dumpster fire to a potential SEC championship.

There are some questions about how honest he was with coaches following his positive PEDS test. The initial story was that he took something while recovering from being sick (a bunch of the team had the same illness) that had the banned substance. Rumor was that may not have been true but I never heard what the actual story was.

There are still a lot of questions as to how transferring dovetails with his suspension and if he could qualify his freshman year as a medical redshirt year since he was having some back spasm issues that year.

So why would we want him?

Because he was a 5 star QB from Charlotte who would instantly start for us. He played great at the beginning of the year for UF.

If it really was some sort of supplement or whatever, than who cares. Hell he probably got it from someone connected to the team. Either above or under the table. The kid was 18/19 years old and probably took something to help himself heal quicker. Who cares.

I'm all for bringing in a big time QB that would help us tremendously. But he probably won't be able to play for 2/3 years and only have (1?) year of eligibility when all said and done. Sounds like a future Auburn or Lousiville player.

Plus I doubt he was actually on campus. Sounds like a speculative rumor generated to bring attention and possible rep for Hoopla who has a questionable record.

I'm all for bringing in a big time QB that would help us tremendously. But he probably won't be able to play for 2/3 years and only have (1?) year of eligibility when all said and done. Sounds like a future Auburn or Lousiville player.

He is not eligible to play until October 2017.

Why wouldn't his suspension and transfer year run concurrently and overlap? He is suspended until October 2016. Since he is transferring, he has to sit out 2016.

Wouldn't he be eligible to play the entire 2017 season?

He is not eligible to play until October 2017.

Exactly. And would mean he would only be able to play one season for us. Unless he is a world beater I don't see how that helps us.

Why wouldn't his suspension and transfer year run concurrently and overlap? He is suspended until October 2016. Since he is transferring, he has to sit out 2016.

Wouldn't he be eligible to play the entire 2017 season?

These are the questions I was referring to and there hasn't been a definitive answer. Part of the original punishment was that he was losing a year of eligibility so he would have come back as a red shirt junior.

There are a lot of things that I don't think have been answered and I'm not sure how much the NCAA has revealed to him. There was some speculation he would transfer to FCS to not have to sit out the year.

Exactly. And would mean he would only be able to play one season for us. Unless he is a world beater I don't see how that helps us.

Well, there was also question about whether his back spasms his freshmen year were enough to get him a medical redshirt year so he could use a regular redshirt year for his year sitting out.

Back