• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

i'm actually curious to hear what kanho thinks of dave clawson and danny manning but i doubt that they will be glowing reviews

I know quite a bit about Clawson because of the connections I have in the MAC. Good, not great in that league, so probably average or below for the ACC, so probably not bad for Wake. Grobie was unique in that he built a program from god damn nothing at Ohio, so Wake wasn't really much of a stretch. BG is not the same...so harder to say how Clawson will adjust to being on the low end of the totem pole in terms of resources and prestige.

Manning I don't know much about other than what's public. Seems to be good at coaching, but probably not that hard to look good coaching KU talent. No idea how he is/was as a recruiter or hiring assistant or managing a program, obviously. But regardless, he'll still be behind the curve because Wake's facilities are being left behind. But the ACC being filled with crap these days might help that and let him get them at least to relevance. But it says something about the way things have changed that top mid-major head coaches, even ones from their part of the country, were largely uninterested in the job.

I know quite a bit about Clawson because of the connections I have in the MAC. Good, not great in that league, so probably average or below for the ACC, so probably not bad for Wake. Grobie was unique in that he built a program from god damn nothing at Ohio, so Wake wasn't really much of a stretch. BG is not the same...so harder to say how Clawson will adjust to being on the low end of the totem pole in terms of resources and prestige.

Manning I don't know much about other than what's public. Seems to be good at coaching, but probably not that hard to look good coaching KU talent. No idea how he is/was as a recruiter or hiring assistant or managing a program, obviously. But regardless, he'll still be behind the curve because Wake's facilities are being left behind. But the ACC being filled with crap these days might help that and let him get them at least to relevance. But it says something about the way things have changed that top mid-major head coaches, even ones from their part of the country, were largely uninterested in the job.

did you ever meet OverThePylon? What do you think of Lembo?

RJ went to Wake and pulls for the Deacs. You don't seem to have any connection to Wake, have garnered over 7,700 posts, alienated almost everyone against you (a remarkable feat on here to be honest), and lured yourself into your own posting thread - a fate reserved for only one other person in the board's history. Somehow, through all of this, it's our fault?

Interesting.

So if I went to Wake I could be as worthless as RJ and it would all be good? Doesn't really say much for the school, does it?

I don't have any connection to Wake other than liking and having some connections to Prosser and Grobe. Really great system you all had for bringing in new fans to take advantage of those more successful times, as well. Bold strategy, Cotton. I'm sure you'll go far with a fan base no larger than your alumni base.

I wish dv7 would start back posting on this thread and I wish ka would not be so angry. ka, have you seen the documentary The Dancing Outlaw?

did you ever meet OverThePylon? What do you think of Lembo?

Don't think I've met OverThePylon, but I'm sure the people I know from the league have. Was surprised Lembo hung out but it's a big win for Ball that he did. Ball has proven it has the resources to be relevant, and is planning to drop more into the program.

So was he not interested in Wake or Wake not interested in him? Seems like a match that would have made sense unless he's got his sights set higher and afraid of getting in a coach killing job.

Don't think I've met OverThePylon, but I'm sure the people I know from the league have. Was surprised Lembo hung out but it's a big win for Ball that he did. Ball has proven it has the resources to be relevant, and is planning to drop more into the program.

So was he not interested in Wake or Wake not interested in him? Seems like a match that would have made sense unless he's got his sights set higher and afraid of getting in a coach killing job.

We're pretty sure Ron Wellman flew to Muncie 1st, then Bowling Green won the MAC title that weekend, then we heard about Clawson as HC early that next week.

Wellman liked Clawson more. We're all very pleased with what he's done so far.

Since we're all grammarians and everything, I figured you'd want to know when you were using punctuation incorrectly.

And so your strategy in teaching a lesson on gratuitous use of quotation marks was to include a gratuitous use of quotation marks?

For the second time today I say: (or is it an em dash here :) ) Bold strategy, Cotton.

Haha resorting to fabricate negrep now. Classy.

I found it funny that since I came back I had far more posrep than negrep (I'm assuming that will change upon posting this) and was getting close to being net positive.

Just shows that not everyone was on board with the powers that be.

again, you claim this vast hypocrisy by the mods to censor things, when the reality is only 2 posters ever have been relegated to their own threads:

keeper -- the biggest troll in the history of these here rjkarlboards
you

seems like they only do this when it's needed. and in your case, it definitely was.

Yours wasn't gratuitous, it was grammatically incorrect. Mine wasn't gratuitous, it was grammatically correct, and illustrated a point. I suppose attempting to do so to a learned man such as yourself was bold.

Actually, while technically correct, yours was gratuitous in that the sentence would have been fine without it.

Mine was more succinct, eliminating the use of a word in a way that did not detract from the reader's understanding of the sentence. It is not as if there was any phrase that would cause the quotes to be confused with an actual quotation.

Neither looked as crap as ending a sentence with a preposition for no reason. The reason it's considered acceptable today is because in some sentences attempting to avoid it leads to much bigger problems.

Like if one was to exclaim, "That's what I'm talking about!", the alternative would be to say something like "It is that of which I am speaking" which just sounds ridiculous.

Haha resorting to fabricate negrep now. Classy.

I found it funny that since I came back I had far more posrep than negrep (I'm assuming that will change upon posting this) and was getting close to being net positive.

Just shows that not everyone was on board with the powers that be.

Post your rep then if we are to believe this.

again, you claim this vast hypocrisy by the mods to censor things, when the reality is only 2 posters ever have been relegated to their own threads:

keeper -- the biggest troll in the history of these here rjkarlboards
you

seems like they only do this when it's needed. and in your case, it definitely was.

Like someone else said, you all know each other. The only thing anyone has said to defend RJ is that he's a Wake alum. Apparently, that's enough. So, there you are.

Dzeko, plays for Bosnia (a European nation) has goal ruled out vs Nigeria. He was onside.

dzeko.jpg

VAST FIFA CONSPIRACY

Well until it was tampered with, you could have seen for yourself what it was.

This is the best I can do because apparently you can't copy and paste very well from the rep page. Great design, there. The type of rep is probably obvious from most comments though. And conveniently, it's also easy to tell which ones are vindictive negreps left by DV.

Thread: KanhojiAngre's Playground
positive rep
06-28-2014 11:58 PM
good post
06-27-2014 10:20 PM
No Comment Made
06-27-2014 01:23 PM
good post
06-27-2014 08:24 AM
Spreading the rep around.
06-25-2014 09:05 PM
go away
06-25-2014 08:46 PM
Your United obsession is so adorable. Everything you see makes you think of Manchester United Football Club. 20 > 18
06-25-2014 09:13 AM
good posts
06-24-2014 06:16 PM
i kind of want to see you have repping power
06-24-2014 05:16 PM
good to see you posting again
06-24-2014 04:27 PM
This is correct.
06-23-2014 07:37 AM
For once, you've posted something bordering on intelligent.
06-20-2014 10:21 AM
I like this guy
06-20-2014 06:34 AM
It is a very old song, sung by many clubs -- not just ManU, and not just about Hillsborough, etc.
06-19-2014 04:10 PM
Nice
06-19-2014 04:09 PM

Back