• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Not to mention that during the entire time of this that LFC felt the need to use their media people to perpetuate a lie that Evra had previously accused two people of making racist remarks, when if fact he had never done it even once previously.

I would suggest that means that because they were trying to discredit the alleged victim that they figured they might be fighting behind the 8-ball.

Suarez should man up, admit what he did was wrong, promise to never act in such an appalling way again and take his nice 8 game suspension. He got off easy for the comments that he made.

"266. In our judgment, Mr Suarez's use of the term was not intended as an attempt at conciliation or to establish rapport; neither was it meant in a conciliatory and friendly way. It was not explained by any feeling on Mr Suarez’s part that a linguistic or cultural relationship had been established between them or that the context was one of informal social relations. The video footage, when viewed in detail and when looked at as a whole, shows that the players continued their animosity throughout this incident. Their hostility is shown in their actions and demeanour before, at the moment of, and after Mr Suarez's admitted use of the word."

And the word was a color. Not an epithet.

I really think what he said could have been almost sarcastic given how stupid Evra's question was. Then Evra goes nuts, threatens to assault him and who knows what happened after that. Probably no one but Evra and Suarez. But if that is indeed the case, and it sure as heck from the testimony seems like Evra had his part to play, they should either both be sanctioned or they should drop it.

Either way, it never should have gotten to this point except that Man U and Evra wanted it to. Evra admitted that he misunderstood what Suarez said despite claiming to be conversational in Spanish (apparently not so), not that I believe that. Otherwise he would have gone to the ref claiming to have been called the n word rather than what he claimed, which one would have to suspect was also inaccurate because no one is claiming Suarez used the f word or any curse word in any language as far as I saw.

I don't know how these hearings are organized, but I don't know how these inconsistencies and the fact that Evra himself appears to have committed a rather serious violation by saying he was going to punch Suarez if the accused has in any way a fair shot to make his case.

Dammit how the hell did this conversation AGAIN end up over here rather than on the PL thread?

This thread is so much more fun when people are insanely trying to claim Tim Tebow is a good QB and the Broncos defense is holding him back, or whatever the hell youngbuck's line is.

So what's everyone listening to? I've got White Elephant by Liverpool-based Ladytron on right now.

Dammit how the hell did this conversation AGAIN end up over here rather than on the PL thread?

This thread is so much more fun when people are insanely trying to claim Tim Tebow is a good QB and the Broncos defense is holding him back, or whatever the hell youngbuck's line is.

So what's everyone listening to? I've got White Elephant by Liverpool-based Ladytron on right now.

I'd rather save the PL thread for actual PL discussion, sorry.

Evra also most likely lied about what Kuyt said to him...I mean really, who would you believe between Evra and Kuyt? Be real here.

Evra's, Giggs', and Marriner's testimony all adds up and works in conjuction with each other.

Kuyt's, however, does not.

The referee books Mr Evra
111. The corner came to nothing and the ball went out of play with Manchester United being
awarded a goal kick. As the players moved upfield, there was an exchange between Mr
Evra and Mr Kuyt. The referee called Mr Evra over and gave him a yellow card. Mr Giggs
spoke to the referee about the caution and then spoke to Mr Evra.
112. The evidence of Mr Marriner about this incident was as follows. In the 65th minute of the
game, he had to issue a caution to Mr Evra after he saw him push Mr Kuyt in the chest
following a coming together. Mr Evra was clearly upset and mentioned that he was being
called "black". Mr Marriner did not hear whether Mr Evra said who was calling him
"black" and he did not understand what Mr Evra was referring to at the time. Mr Evra
made no other comment to the referee.
113. Mr Evra described the booking in the following way. Mr Kuyt told him to stop diving so
Mr Evra pushed him away. The referee called Mr Evra over to book him. Mr Evra asked
the referee why he was booking him and the referee said it was because he had pushed Mr
Kuyt. When he was being booked, Mr Evra told the referee again that he had been called
black. Mr Evra added that after booking him, the referee spoke to Ryan Giggs. Mr Giggs
then asked Mr Evra what was wrong and Mr Evra told him that he had been called black.
Mr Giggs told Mr Evra to calm down and not get sent off.
114. Mr Giggs gave evidence before us. He said that he was reasonably close to the referee and
after he had shown Mr Evra the yellow card, Mr Giggs approached the referee and asked
him why he had booked Mr Evra. The referee said to Mr Giggs "just calm Patrice down".
Mr Giggs then moved away from the referee and towards Mr Evra. It was obvious to Mr
Giggs from looking at Mr Evra that he was upset. He said that Mr Evra did not seem quite
with it, you might call it red mist. Mr Giggs said to Mr Evra "what's happened?". Mr Evra
replied "he called me black". Mr Giggs assumed that Mr Evra was speaking about Mr
Kuyt since he had just been booked for some kind of tussle with Mr Kuyt. Mr Giggs said
to Mr Evra "did the ref hear it?", to which Mr Evra replied "I don't think so". Mr Giggs
then told Mr Evra to calm down and not get himself sent off.
115. Mr Kuyt gave a slightly different version from Mr Marriner, Mr Evra and Mr Giggs. He
said that after the goal kick he was close to Mr Evra and said "Come on, let's move on, let's
keep going with the game" and touched Mr Evra just on the arm. According to Mr Kuyt,
Mr Evra reacted aggressively and smashed his arm away and at that point, the referee
having seen the incident, called Mr Evra to him and booked him. Mr Kuyt said that he
was very close to Mr Evra and the referee at this time. He said he was "absolutely certain"
that he heard Mr Evra say that the referee was only booking him because he was black.
116. We found the evidence of Mr Marriner on this point to be credible and plausible. He
recalled Mr Evra telling him that he was being called black. This is consistent with Mr
Evra's evidence of what he told Mr Marriner at that time, and also with Mr Giggs'
evidence of what Mr Evra said to him shortly afterwards. In light of this, we reject Mr
Kuyt's evidence that Mr Evra said that the referee was only booking him because he was
black, however certain Mr Kuyt was that he heard it. Moreover, it would make no sense in
the circumstances for Mr Evra to accuse the referee of only booking him because he was
black. Not only had Mr Evra pushed Mr Kuyt away, which he is likely to have realised
had led to his booking, but his concern at that stage was that he had been called black
(bearing in mind that, at the very least, Mr Suarez admits having called Mr Evra "negro"
by this stage of the game).

I will say that Suarez is definitely not free of blame, and his track record has worked against him here. I wish he'd just play and stay out of stuff like this so he wouldn't have his second lengthy suspension in as many years. Brilliant player otherwise.

Because you can't control what is discussed here. You are restricted to this thread, but that doesn't mean you decide what is and is not discussed in this thread.

Get that thru your skull, mate.

Rep it man. I will say he played poorly today, and the defense played well.

I will say that Suarez is definitely not free of blame, and his track record has worked against him here. I wish he'd just play and stay out of stuff like this so he wouldn't have his second lengthy suspension in as many years. Brilliant player otherwise.

His ability as a player has never been in question.

However, the lengths that Liverpool Football Club, their manager and supporters have gone thru to defend a man that obviously made racist remarks is quite disappointing, however. You included.

Suarez has admitted to saying negro to Patrice Evra and the rest of his testimony doesn't add up to any logical way of thinking.

He was pinching a dude's arm to calm things down? Really??? That's the best he could come up with? It is apparent Suarez is lying and had something to hide. Evra never wavered from what he heard. Suarez has changed his story on multiple times in the press and then to the commission.

Put your club aside for a moment and realize that a man that made racist remarks was rightly suspended.

Hopefully, Luis Suarez learns to not use a person's skin color in the future to try and gain a sporting advantage.

Because you can't control what is discussed here. You are restricted to this thread, but that doesn't mean you decide what is and is not discussed in this thread.

Get that thru your skull, mate.

WHEN DID I FUCKING SAY THAT?

You are absolutely the worst mod in the history of the internet. You bait other posters, you misinterpret statements or outright lie about what people have said, you make mountains out of molehills. You belabor every single point you have ever made. You have a siege mentality about anything Manchester United and you have absolutely no ability to see anything involving them with any amount of objectivity whatsoever.

I am going to punch you if we ever meet. Apparently since Evra can say this without penalty and you have no problem with that, it's fine for me to say it here.

You have a thread for Premier League discussion. I would have thought that would be a cue to keep PL discussion to that thread.

Contrary to an earlier post, this *is* actual Premier League discussion. It should be on the Premier League board where anyone interested in the Premier League, whether they want to read this thread or not, can read it and form opinions, make posts, etc. based upon what they read on the PL thread, which is naturally where they would go if they are interested in reading a discussion of a PL issue.

Is that so difficult to understand?

His ability as a player has never been in question.

However, the lengths that Liverpool Football Club, their manager and supporters have gone thru to defend a man that obviously made racist remarks is quite disappointing, however. You included.

Suarez has admitted to saying negro to Patrice Evra and the rest of his testimony doesn't add up to any logical way of thinking.

He was pinching a dude's arm to calm things down? Really??? That's the best he could come up with? It is apparent Suarez is lying and had something to hide. Evra never wavered from what he heard. Suarez has changed his story on multiple times in the press and then to the commission.

Put your club aside for a moment and realize that a man that made racist remarks was rightly suspended.

Hopefully, Luis Suarez learns to not use a person's skin color in the future to try and gain a sporting advantage.

Since Evra admitted to instigating, I just thought the suspension was too harsh for the comment Suarez admitted to saying, not that I'm opposed to some type of punishment. What I think won't change anything anyway. Liverpool are not winning on appeal, so they just have to deal with it. I'd rather talk about the game anyway.

LOL I guess no matter how many times people explain this distinction to you, you will either not understand or choose to ignore it.

negro = the color black in Spanish. I'm guessing this is about lesson 3, so obviously Evra doesn't understand Spanish nearly as well as he thinks if he thought this meant the n word.

I bet Evra really hates the United Negro College Fund.

I can get into a thousand arguments. They will become quite heated on a few occasions, I am certain.

I know not to refer to somebody's skin color, religion, sexual preference or ethnic background in those arguments. It isn't fucking rocket science.

LOL I guess no matter how many times people explain this distinction to you, you will either not understand or choose to ignore it.

negro = the color black in Spanish. I'm guessing this is about lesson 3, so obviously Evra doesn't understand Spanish nearly as well as he thinks if he thought this meant the n word.

I bet Evra really hates the United Negro College Fund.

A non-black man saying the word "negro" to a black man during a heated exchange is inherently different to saying "negro" in the name of a charity that raises funds for underprivileged black kids to go to college.

What a nonsensical comparison.

You don't think racism is a big deal. Just admit it already.

Since Evra admitted to instigating, I just thought the suspension was too harsh for the comment Suarez admitted to saying, not that I'm opposed to some type of punishment. What I think won't change anything anyway. Liverpool are not winning on appeal, so they just have to deal with it. I'd rather talk about the game anyway.

Pretty much. I'm hoping they set up a civil countersuit against the FA for discrimination against Suarez for their interpretation of what speech is punishable. It goes well beyond British law and unless it has been applied the same way in instances involving other players, it could be seen as discriminatory. The FA's adjudication process is quite obviously not a fair fight, and so that could be struck down if not the entire FA.

I don't know if Liverpool will take it that far, but they could and IMO should. It's time to break up this corrupt group that takes action seemingly at random, with no regard for precedent.

I love how they go to bat for Rooney in Europe though. Not hard to see who they're looking out for.

I am going to punch you if we ever meet. Apparently since Evra can say this without penalty and you have no problem with that, it's fine for me to say it here.

It is actually against the rules of this forum, but I have told the other moderators here to not ban you on physical threats of violence towards me. Do it to others and it might be another story, but threaten my physically all you like.

It isn't like you intimidate me or anything, you pencil pusher.

I can get into a thousand arguments. They will become quite heated on a few occasions, I am certain.

I know not to refer to somebody's skin color, religion, sexual preference or ethnic background in those arguments. It isn't fucking rocket science.

And you didn't grow up speaking Spanish in Uruguay either. I imagine there are a lot of cultural differences between where you were raised and where he was raised.

Apparently you don't know not to use provocative foul language. I wonder if that's considered offensive in Uruguay?

Back