• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kanye channels Malcolm X

I feel like every post from just about everyone now is molding into a Sokolove parody. He's taken over the boards and is manipulating the way we form thoughts and type them out.

Not sure what this has anything to do with the topic...Carry on.

Sokolove, subtle genius - resident pantomime

Last edited:
I said Malcolm was an anti-capitalist. You were the one who attacked while misinformed.

Guys, guys. He was pro-capitalist and later anti-capitalist, so everybody wins! Can we get back to Kanye dressing up like a water bottle and being terrible?

Guys, guys. He was pro-capitalist and later anti-capitalist, so everybody wins! Can we get back to Kanye dressing up like a water bottle and being terrible?
Meh, it's a live music video - it's performance art. It's no dumber than GWAR wearing monster costumes, KISS wearing makeup and spitting blood, Flava Flav wearing viking horns, Angus Young wearing a school boy outfit. Rap musicians should have the same cultural freedom to express their creativity that their pop and rock counterparts do. Its not as if there aren't a million examples already of Kanye taking himself TOO seriously.

The song was terrible regardless of what he was wearing.

The woman in the second performance was obviously lipsynching by the way. Wouldn’t be shocked if Kanye was too after he screwed up the Everything I Am lyrics on SNL 12 or so years ago.

The song was terrible regardless of what he was wearing.

The woman in the second performance was obviously lipsynching by the way. Wouldn’t be shocked if Kanye was too after he screwed up the Everything I Am lyrics on SNL 12 or so years ago.
That's fair - the music performances were definitely bad. Not a good look when Lil Pump out raps you on your own track.

Meh, it's a live music video - it's performance art. It's no dumber than GWAR wearing monster costumes, KISS wearing makeup and spitting blood, Flava Flav wearing viking horns, Angus Young wearing a school boy outfit. Rap musicians should have the same cultural freedom to express their creativity that their pop and rock counterparts do. Its not as if there aren't a million examples already of Kanye taking himself TOO seriously.

Wait, now you're going to argue about this? Art can be shit, you know?

yeah, never forget that MDMH gives +3 to performance checks for wearing dumb costumes

Wow. Good for her.

By the way, nice choice on the thread.

On one hand this article is hilarious.

On the other, it’s sad as hell but it’s so typical of today’s conservative movement. And Republicans wonder why so many women think they are a bunch of misogynistic douchebags.

Conservative Men Feel Betrayed by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift announced her political beliefs in an Instagram post for the first time, to denounce Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn. Swift wrote that she found Blackburn’s voting record to be atrocious and would be voting for Democratic candidate Phil Bredesen for the Tennessee congressional race.

Her support of a Democratic candidate upended the suspicion, or hope, that Taylor Swift was a card-carrying Republican – to the dismay of young conservative men. The Daily Beast reported that users in conservative chats on 4chan were posting that Swift’s endorsement of Bredesen was “traitorous.” Memes of Taylor Swift burning were also posted to the site.

Charlie Kirk, the founder of conservative organization Turning Point USA, went on Fox & Friends said that Swift “should stay away from politics.” He also asserted that she didn’t write her own Instagram post caption, where she clearly outlined her political beliefs and her reasoning for supporting Phil Bredesen. Kirke then said that Swift should actually learn about Marsha Blackburn’s record in congress, and that Swift probably “got some very bad information.”

Meanwhile, Phil Bredesen, the candidate Swift endorsed, posted to Twitter thanking her for her support. “I’m honored to have your support and that of so many Tennesseans who are ready to put aside the partisan shouting and get things done,” he wrote. “We’re ready for it.”

https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/conservative-men-taylor-swift-politics-democrats.html?

On one hand this article is hilarious.

On the other, it’s sad as hell but it’s so typical of today’s conservative movement. And Republicans wonder why so many women think they are a bunch of misogynistic douchebags.

Conservative Men Feel Betrayed by Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift announced her political beliefs in an Instagram post for the first time, to denounce Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn. Swift wrote that she found Blackburn’s voting record to be atrocious and would be voting for Democratic candidate Phil Bredesen for the Tennessee congressional race.

Her support of a Democratic candidate upended the suspicion, or hope, that Taylor Swift was a card-carrying Republican – to the dismay of young conservative men. The Daily Beast reported that users in conservative chats on 4chan were posting that Swift’s endorsement of Bredesen was “traitorous.” Memes of Taylor Swift burning were also posted to the site.

Charlie Kirk, the founder of conservative organization Turning Point USA, went on Fox & Friends said that Swift “should stay away from politics.” He also asserted that she didn’t write her own Instagram post caption, where she clearly outlined her political beliefs and her reasoning for supporting Phil Bredesen. Kirke then said that Swift should actually learn about Marsha Blackburn’s record in congress, and that Swift probably “got some very bad information.”

Meanwhile, Phil Bredesen, the candidate Swift endorsed, posted to Twitter thanking her for her support. “I’m honored to have your support and that of so many Tennesseans who are ready to put aside the partisan shouting and get things done,” he wrote. “We’re ready for it.”

https://www.thecut.com/2018/10/conservative-men-taylor-swift-politics-democrats.html?

what's that about musicians keeping out of politics, Charlie?

4BB2EE0E00000578-5674351-image-m-7_1525097136761.jpg

All these years later, white people love Kanye and hate Taylor Swift. Politics are crazy.

Some additional background, white supremacists on the internet love Taylor Swift:

Taylor Swift, Aryan Goddess?

So, this is happening: Some white supremacists have anointed Taylor Swift an "Aryan goddess," claiming that she secretly espouses far-right beliefs and is waiting for Donald Trump's ascension to the presidency to make her true views known.

For the record, Swift has no affiliation with any white supremacist groups. She has never publicly made any white supremacist remarks, nor has she ever been accused of making them in private. There is no reason to believe she has any interest whatsoever in any of this.

Can't Shake It Off: How Taylor Swift Became a Nazi Idol

Every demographic chooses a pop icon. Gay men worship Cher, black women love Beyoncé, and neo-Nazis worship Taylor Swift, a skinny, blonde Pennsylvania girl that they have labeled an "Aryan Goddess." Nazis and members of the "alt right"—an Internet subculture that is best described as the venn diagram of hipster culture and white supremacy—have been spreading a conspiracy theory that Swift is a covert Nazi. They claim Swift's songs "red pilled" America into believing a conservative, racist agenda. (Taylor Swift's representative, a publicist named Tree Paine, did not return Broadly's request for comment.)

All these years later, white people love Kanye and hate Taylor Swift. Politics are crazy.

I miss the old Kanye, straight from the Go Kanye
Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye
I miss the sweet Kanye, chop up the beats Kanye
I gotta say, at that time I'd like to meet Kanye
See, I invented Kanye, it wasn't any Kanyes
And now I look and look around and there's so many Kanyes
I used to love Kanye, I used to love Kanye
I even had the pink polo, I thought I was Kanye
What if Kanye made a song about Kanye
Called "I Miss The Old Kanye"? Man, that'd be so Kanye